Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 23, 2021 at 10:33 pm #9262841

chieuQ

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We had 3 of the 4 plugins installed that we needed, and I was getting an error as seen in the attached image (see image "Screenshot 2021-07-23 182316"), and there was no where to click or go to in order to finish the installation for the WPML String Translation. So I deleted the 3 WPML plugins to start the installation from scratch in re-adding the 3 plugins. But after activating the 3 plugins, now I'm not receiving ANY prompts to set-up the plugins as I did when I first installed these plugins.

Also, based on the instructions I'm following from the WPML website, the pathway given to register WPML with a site key is incorrect to what is shown on our updated WordPress 5.8 version.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, I'm following these instructions: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See images attached for reference.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screenshot 2021-07-23 183009.png
Screenshot 2021-07-23 182316.png
July 23, 2021 at 11:51 pm #9263029

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

You should be able to see the wizard if you click on the WPML tab on the left side (scroll a bit down and in that list where you also have "Settings" or "Appearance", there should also be a tab called "WPML".

Clicking that should take you to the setup process. If that doesn't show up while the main WPML plugin is still active, please add the credentials in the private fields I enabled below and I can definitely take a lookw.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend

Mihai Apetrei