This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 6:18 am #4378491

ilkayD

I'm trying to create an English version of the website that was originally built in French. I've asked for assistance from the creators of the template I bought to use for this website, Neer.

They've enabled the necessary bits but something went wrong along the way and the sliders for the French version are now showing nothing except for graphics while the English version is showing the French slider. I am not able to edit any of the sliders I had previously made, nor can I change the writing from French to English. I asked them to explain to me what they did but they seem to be clueless, rendering their support useless.

It's like the option to edit the text portion of each slider has disappeared. I'm not provided the listed translation availability since the slider is not actually a page. It has it's own category on the side menu of the WP backend.

I've reverted the site where English is the "Original Language" in the meantime because the French side is broken (hidden link - notice that the sliders are only showing images with no written words when compared to hidden link).

Your help would be much appreciated as I've been pushed away by the Neer Support team who have suggested I contact you to resolve this issue since they are unable to understand what is incorrect.

Thank you in advance for your support!

August 12, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4380889

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Please describe the steps you are following to reproduce the issue.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

3.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 19, 2019 at 6:36 am #4413689

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I'm not sure why the support service at Neer changed the default language but the only way to fix this is to create a fresh new page, slider and other content in the right language and then translate them.

I 'translated' the sliders, although I don't know how to edit the content in them. However by setting some custom fields to 'Copy' and others to 'Translate' the content was successfully 'translated' (I just copied the content because I don't speak French).

Please let me know if you need further help.
Regards,
Carlos