Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
November 8, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4914361

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

ON the test site, I deactivated all plugins except for WooCommerce and WPML and switched to a default theme.

Next, I deleted the string that had been translated in String Translation. I then went to WooCommerce ->Emails -> Completed order and changed the additional content. Now, when I went to WPML -> String Translation, I could see the string but it was registered as English. So I checked the box for the string and clicked "change language of selected string" and changed it to Spanish. Then I added the English translation.

After these steps, when I ran a test order in each language, the emails came through correctly. You can see that the fields that i translated (subject line and additional content) are correct in each of the emails.

Please feel free to use this staging site to test further. Then, try to recreate the steps on your live site. If it still does not translate correctly after these steps, then likely it is a plugin conflict on your live site, since it is not happening on the fresh install. You are welcome to activate your other plugins on this staging site to test further and see if you are able to reproduce the issue.

November 16, 2019 at 10:05 am #4957955

xavierf-6

Hi Lauren,

Thanks again for your efforts.

I do have some questions:
1. How do I access and login in the test stage? What are the credentials?
2. How do I delete a string?

Thanks.
Xavi

November 18, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4967247

Lauren
Supporter

You can login with the credentials that you created for me here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/not-translating-completed-order-emails/#post-4837625

The login URL for the staging site is hidden link

To delete a string, you can go to WPML -> String Translation and search for the string. Once you locate it, check the box next to it and at the bottom of the table click "Delete selected strings".

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

November 22, 2019 at 2:50 pm #4999301

xavierf-6

HI Lauren,

I don't know what to say, I did try everything, but the problem still persist. What is your best advice in order to solve this?

Thanks
Xavi

November 22, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4999441

Lauren
Supporter

Please try the steps here and let's see if this resolves the issue for you. Make sure you have updated to the latest WPML release 4.3.4

https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

November 22, 2019 at 5:24 pm #5001227

xavierf-6

Hiii, I've tried, but the problem persist. could you just try to fix it in our backend? Cause I´ve tried everything you said and still things don't work.

November 22, 2019 at 7:22 pm #5001723

Lauren
Supporter

Sure, I don't mind trying that. Do I have permission to temporarily disable plugins/theme, and make all of the changes I have outlined on the test site?

Please also confirm if you have a backup before I proceed.

November 23, 2019 at 8:47 pm #5005487

xavierf-6

Hi Lauren,

Yes, you can, can the disabling be done between 1am and 6am Central European Time?

And after it, I understand you'll leave the website as it is know, right?

November 25, 2019 at 1:05 pm #5012261

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @xavierf-6, Since Lauren currently has a few days off, I will replace her here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you.

It's ok if I do the debug on the live website between 6pm and 10pm CET? This time fits best between the Central European Time and my working hours (I'm on GMT -3).

If not, Could you create a copy of the website on your same server (staging version)? If so, we can test using the copy, without modifying the live website.