Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 10, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4730585

hussainB

I am trying to:
Translate simple and variant products on designletters.com.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

In general, there are issues when duplicating and translating. Is it correct that i need to go to each language and publish the product? Also the plugin creates issues when duplicating landingpages and in the menu. It does not act the same way in all languages, when I make a change,

October 11, 2019 at 1:51 am #4734603

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Your variation images seem to be setup with the 'WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos' plugin, if it is the case, then you need to try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Term Meta Translation set the 'thumbnail_id' term meta key as 'Copy' and save this setting.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation set the correspondent taxonomy of your missing images attributes as 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' and save this setting.

3 - Now, in your WordPress Dashboard > Products > Attributes click to configure the terms for the correspondent missing images attribute and click the update button for every term, this action is needed to make the changes above effective.

You find a similiar issue and this solution at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/attributes-images-is-not-showing-in-malay-language/

Please, let me know if it helps to solve your issue. Have a nice day.

October 11, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4738169

hussainB

Hi Marcos

thank you for your answer. It did help on the translated product, but not the duplicated products (EUR and USD). How can I change this?

October 11, 2019 at 6:50 pm #4740943

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As we need to keep the forum organized into topics to make it easier for our customers to find solutions for their issues on a topic basis I kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved as we have your original issue of products variations solved and then open up a new ticket for your duplication issues. Thank you for your understanding and collaboration, have a nice day.