This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 12:59 am

kustasK

I am trying to: Old images show up in translations on pages where they are deleted. (not deleted from media libary) Example contact page.
Or new images not showing up on new page translation example hidden link for translations.

Also media library has images what dont show preview thumbnails.
Once you open then media library you understand the problem.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
username: blogvault
password: 6f26b26c

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

PS! It is already TEST or clone site of hidden link so you can do any modifications or testing there. But if you want to clone it is okey to use any plugin you want.

June 11, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3995039

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please check the attached images. Hope you are mentioning it. I had a quick test on it and it is happening even when WPML is deactivated. Please check and let me know your feedback.

I have a doubt, because not able to reproduce the issue exactly on hidden link page, so please share me the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 11, 2019 at 11:16 pm #3998835

kustasK

Okey deleting those "emty" images didnt seem to have bad effects on test site. (but they appeared after some older update of your plugin) But that was just one of the problems I described. (small one)

Biggest issue is old images show up on translation what are not in use on that page any more.
After some testing today I might have understood that NEW images dont show up in translation because they are already added on some other pages, might be?

So 2 main issues old images to get rid of and new images to appear (also if they were previously uploaded to media galley)

I guess that should be standard behavior of this plugin.
Probably 2nd support line can help because if you dont know coding then I have tried all WPML possible options to solve it and there is just none!

June 12, 2019 at 6:20 am #4000479

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and check the issue is existing or not.

1) Please make sure the translation of those pages are complete
2) Go to WPML>>Support page
3) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
4) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

5) Then update the default language Page(just resave) to refresh the translation settings

If you are still having the bug, please share the URL of the couple pages having the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 12, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4005009

kustasK

Yess I did what you instructed and still have issue!

I thought if I providing you access to test/dev website you would test it out not just giving me some theoretical solutions what might work but instead find solution and give me instructions what WORKED in test site.

So please confirm that this is intended use or how your plugin should work:
It should display on translations page/module only images what are currently active on that page.

I did a lot of digging and it seems that issue comes from here:
If old image is still attached to page then it shows up on translation and if new image is uploaded to media gallery not to page then it does not show up on translations. Because is deattached.

So now knowing exact problem should be pretty simple to solve it if you know how your plugin works exactly. (if you dont please ask from 2nd support line)

Also working on test site so there is no need to write me make site backup etc.

One of the URL when this problem appears is contact page (but I already wrote you this)
hidden link

So check/test/solve and once its working then give me instructions how to do it as well 🙂

June 13, 2019 at 7:32 am #4010161

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I can reproduce the issue on your site in a minimal setup. Therefore forwarded the details to our second tier team for the expert opinion.

We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 17, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4037337

kustasK

4 days passed!?! Still no update or solution to my problem?

June 18, 2019 at 11:05 am #4043007

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay happened because of the weekend. We were cross-checking the issue in depth.

The single image added to the Contact page is not showing for translation in Translation Editor because it is uploaded/attached first to another page *Smart Commercial Bike Rack*. So we can translate it from *Smart Commercial Bike Rack* page. Please check this image - hidden link or the following link for more details.

hidden link

The removed images from the *Contact* page is still showing for translation in Translation Editor because those images are still attached to the *Contact* page. Please detach those images and check you are getting the expected result or not.

Please check the following images for more details and let me know your feedback.

hidden link

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 18, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4046493
kustasK

Hello!

PLEASE do answer all my questions or say you will look into it a bit later.

So need a answer for that one:
Q0
So please confirm that this is intended use or how your plugin should work:
It should display on translations page/module only images what are currently active on that page.

About your offered solution, didnt I offer it already?! In my previous post!?
Anyway did removed manually all not needed images for contact page hidden link and hidden link

Q1
First it seemed to work but after more modification re-saving other pages and then contact page again. Few hours later they were back...I have no idea how is that possible?
This testing took me more than 3 hours....So it means you really need to dig deep to understand problem. Currently you can try it yourself again because those images are back on translation and attached again.
(anyway this is not logical long term solution for me de-attaching images if I delete it from page)

Waiting long term solution for it.

Q2
I dont know how your plugin exactly works for images so maybe you can explain. How are images found for translation? There is some kind of cron job? I assume because otherwise how could images get attached again..anyway please point me to full description or explain it here.
Waiting for answer.

Q3
Did more digging myself and I think problem might come from string translations...page-builder-shortcode-strings are not updated like needed I guess or still keeps old information. Does it keeps deleted info? How should it work ideally?
Waiting for answer.

Q3
I add loads of screenshots with different things to show I really de-attached images on contact page and it worked but they reappeared.
Also 1 image appears what is not attached padlock46 and is not translatable throw translation module some X reason ( although it shows its translated )and takes old content. You will see on screenshots.
Could translate it probably throw string translation and fix it but again its not long term solution so need to know how to avoid this in future.
Waiting for answer.

Please lets not waste any more each other time and get 2nd support line dig into it deeply. Kind of tired testing solutions what you offer but dont work.

Q - means question to answer

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-page-builder-shortcode-strings-are-not-updated/

June 18, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4046649

kustasK

PS! Updated your plugins as well, hoped it would solve some problems but all the same 😉

June 19, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4053727

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am checking the issues further with the help of our team now and will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 20, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4062195

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, we are still working on these issues. As a part of our escalation process, we have tried to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation. The detached images are not showing for translation in Classic Translation Editor. Therefore just to make sure, the detached images are showing again for translation in Contact page after adding these text contents to the page - hidden link?

When we are uploading a media/image file, WPML will create an extra entry in the database to make it available in the secondary language. It will be according to the settings in WPML>>Settings>>Media Translation. Please check this image - hidden link

While translating a Post or Page we are only translating the meta of a media/image(attached) like Title or Alt Text. We can also translate the Media/Image completely(including the file) from WPML>>Media Translation. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the page builder shortcode strings issue. It looks like a different issue and as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 25, 2019 at 8:34 pm #4087123

kustasK

So I am not understanding anything. Clearly pointed out you Q to answer and so would be logical you answer them in same way like I asked. Can you please answer "Q1" or "Q2" top of your comment/answer. So then I know what issues you still "solving" and what you think is solved.

Guides what you provided dont mention anywhere how images appear in media translation if I use Visual Composer and Classical Editor...neither it say I should de-attache images if I want them not to be translated.
Anyway this option does not seem work because something is still attaching them.

Maybe this extra database entry what you plugin creates and not deletes this entry if I de-attache image. Anyway I still have a urgent problem with your plugins so cant add extra languages or change content because it creates so much extra work for me and translators.

So if you have question please format it like I did - So I can answer it.
And please do the some in that way I/we know what is solved and how things go.

And please confirm you did understand the problem: that de-attached images get attached again

Would be nice to know also when I could can get some solutions - 3 working days + previous days is getting really long already 🙁

June 25, 2019 at 11:56 pm #4087563

kustasK

Looked around in WordPress database and something is definitely wrong there.
Your plugin seem to create extra entries each time and media is scanned.

Anyway someone with knowledge should figure it out in less than 30 minutes. (databases and your plugin knowledge)

For example: wp_posts table dont delete some image info although image is fully deleted from media library.

June 26, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4093481

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please read the following and let me know your feedback.

Q1

For your kind updates, I understand the issue of de-attached images gets attached again. But we are not able to reproduce the issue exactly with the *Contact* page of your site or in my test site. That is why I requested the exact steps to reproduce the issue. Also please note, Attach and detach of media files is a WordPress core feature. WPML just translate the images attached to the pages. Therefore we are waiting for your instructions to replicate the issue.

Q2

WPML Media is not using any cronjob. Whenever a media file is uploaded WPML duplicate the media details to all the secondary languages. It only duplicates the information about media files that are stored in the database. But it will depend on the options selected in WPML>>Settings>>Media Translation - hidden link. We can also translate the Media Items from WPML>>Media Translation screen(including the media file).

I have a doubt about the following. Does it happen when you press *Start* button of WPML>>Settings>>Media Translation section.

Your plugin seems to create extra entries each time and media is scanned

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Not used images appear on translation or new ones not appear on new pagess’ is closed to new replies.