This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 12:25 pm #3690609

ugoD-4

I have installed it and translate the few text fields found on home (not all present - this is bad) but when i with to En Language is not working page 404

April 26, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3690653

ugoD-4

Very bad assistance!
Product really complicated and from my point of view not working

April 26, 2019 at 8:52 pm #3693277

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with WPML.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Also, please take note that translated pages, posts or products will produce an 404 Error if they have not been translated to 100% when translated for the first time with one of our Translation Editors.

Do I understand right that you are using a WPML Translation Editor and not all the fields appear for translation? Please take note that Headers, Footer, Widgets and Theme Options will need to be translated with our String Translation add-on.

Menus will need to be created and translated at Appearance -> Menus. You will be able afterwards to sync those menus at WPML -> WP Menus Sync.

Further, did you maybe change the site URL structure? Take note, that after such task you will always need to re-save the permalinks at Settings -> Permalinks, in order to avooid 404 Errors.

We know that WPML is very complex, as it offers huge abilities but we are here to assist you and we are glad if we can help.

Please take a look at our starting guide in the meantime and provide me some more detailed information about where you are having issues. You might also provide some screenshots and links, this would be very helpful.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 28, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3698133

ugoD-4

I am still working with Your plugin and see that is very complicated in use and bad working.
Principal issues:
- I cannot translate whole pages: only simply text fields.
- To get english menu I was having to create manually a new menu (waste of time)
- I cannot fint a way to translate revolution sliders (is missing the "mish" section in general settting of slider

I am starting in have trouble with my customer.
I repeat. Your plugin is a waste of time and money.

Your chat seems to be not working

April 28, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3698737

ugoD-4

Why when I translate a page I can translate only few thing inside the page?
I will have problem with my customer.
Why the your documentation is so poor?
Your product is expensive, but very bad!

April 29, 2019 at 3:43 pm #3705151

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issue when translating your site with WPML.
Please provide access to our site. I will investigate your site and work on solutions.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Not working’ is closed to new replies.