Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gustavoF-11 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 24, 2021 at 9:17 am #8160757

gustavoF-11

Hi,
To translate string for Notification Bar plugin, I just followed a past issue in wpml forum:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-of-wpfront-notification-bar-plugin/

...it worked for a few hours, but suddenly the translated contents is just gone. Then, I looked for not translated strings in WPML -> Admin Texts Translation. I can see that string but is locked.

Please see image.
Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-24 a las 10.02.12.png
February 26, 2021 at 9:21 am #8179227

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Probably you have a custom XML config code inside WPML > Settings > Custom XML configuration or inside the theme folder.

That is why you are seeing that lock.

I think you could simply cut and paste that code in a file then save the XML config on the site.

After that, you can remove the string from inside WPML > String Translation. Then re-add the XML config (or you can use this method here to find the string and re-translate it: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/).

Please let me know if this resolved your issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

March 1, 2021 at 3:59 pm #8199307

gustavoF-11

Hi Mihai,
No code is at >WPML >Settings >XML on my site.

Thanks.

March 1, 2021 at 9:34 pm #8201547

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and welcome back.

WPML can read a configuration file that tells it what needs translation in themes and plugins. The file is named wpml-config.xml and it’s placed in the root folder of your theme probably.

In this case, you should remove the content from that wpml-config.xml file and add it inside WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration.

Please let me know if that's correct and if there's a wpml-config.xml inside the theme folder and if what I recommended above worked.

March 2, 2021 at 7:38 am #8204127

gustavoF-11

Hi,
I did found a solution playing with your suggestion:

1) I found the xml file in the root folder of the Notification Bar plugin
2) The code was removed
3) Translated the string in the WPML settings
4) Restore the code in the xml file

Now everything works well.
Thanks for your support.

March 2, 2021 at 7:38 am #8204129

gustavoF-11