This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
April 19, 2019 at 10:41 am

Javier

I am trying to send notifications to different administrators based on the country that the user chooses in the form.

The form is originally in a "Global" language and I've translated it to a English, French and Spanish languages.

The behavior I've configured is:

- If an user choose "Canada" in the "Country" field, the notification goes to "admin1@zummo.es"
- If an user choose "España" in the "Country" field, the notification goes to "admin5@zummo.es"
- etc.

If the user selects country "España" (in the Spanish page/form: hidden link) it works.

But if the user selects country "Spain" (in the English page/form: hidden link) or Espagne (in the French page/form: hidden link) it does not send the notification.

Please note that the values of the strings in the original form in "global language" are also in Spanish, may be for this reason the notification runs ok using the Spanish page/form.

I've tested that the translations are ok.

April 19, 2019 at 12:42 pm #3645775

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you please check my next private message for some details?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 19, 2019 at 12:45 pm
April 19, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3646971

Javier

Hi Bruno, the problem persists in the same way.

• There is a form (called "Form 3") translated in 3 languages.
  • It is placed in a page that has 3 language versions (en, es, fr)
  • The form has 3 different notifications and they are configured to be sent depending on the value of the field "Country"
  • The only notification that is sent is the Spanish one

You can check this listing the entries of the "Form 3" and comparing with the email log, where there is only 1 form notification sent.

Thanks in advance

April 22, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3656251

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Bronu is not available today so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

Thanks for following Bruno's suggestions on replicating the issue on the test site.
Can you please explain to me where did you configure the notifications to be sent according to the 'Country' field (as seen in your screenshot 03.jpg)?

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3656343

Javier

Hi Itamar,
To configure this kind of notifications you must go to the Notifications screen, in Settings Form, and, in the bottom of the screen, check "Conditional logic".
Then you can configure the logic to send the notifications.

April 23, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3663859

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I can confirm that there is a problem with the 'Notification Conditional logic' of the Gravity Forms. After debugging this issue on the test site, I can define the problem as such: "Gravity Forms Notification Conditional logic does not work on translated forms." This is the same problem that you reported here on your first post. While testing this issue not to be confused with the 'Global' language that you have created, I've switched the test site to have English as the default language. I'll now escalate this issue to our compatibility team. We'll keep you informed here on any news about this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

April 23, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3664243

Itamar
Supporter

Changing status to escalated to compatibility team.

May 13, 2019 at 6:22 pm #3801139

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from the 2nd tier support team.

I have checked the issue and I think this happened because you are translating the form values in the string translation module, which make the gravity forms not able to check the condition in the translated forms.
So to fix the issue, you should go to WPML -> String Translation, and make sure that all the form values are not translated, check the attached screenshot, I have marked the "Spain" option to not be translated, and it worked as expected.

Please let me know if that helps you.
Best regards.