This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 4:36 pm #3997323

alimB

I am trying to: get translators to translate my posts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: The would receive the attached mail which says that they have been removed from the posts. This has happened a couple of times to a hindi translator in the past and today to a chinese translator. There seems to be no pattern or trigger for this notification. Or maybe there is but I can't seem to figure out what really triggers this notification..

June 11, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3997667

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

So if I understand the issue correctly, the translator that received this email was assigned to this translation ('One for the road... One for the workplace' from English to Hindi), but instead received an email that he/she was removed from this job?

You are on a WordPress multisite installation and I can see if you the Translation Management add-on is active on your site. And if everything is updated.
Can you please make sure that the Translation Management is active and everything is updated?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 11, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3997781

alimB

Hi Itamar
Thanks for the prompt response and update.. really appreciate it..:-)..

The translator has been assigned multiple posts and has been working on them for some time. Out of the blue he received this message when he had done nothing to trigger this. He thought I had removed him from the task.. but I had done no such thing.

This happened again to another translator and that got me worried. Initially I thought it was a one off thing and wouldn't happen again. Anyways when does one get that notification exactly? What do I have to do for the translator to get that notification? Coz I don't think I have done anything to remove him from a task.. frankly I don't even know how to do that.

Also I confirmed with the translator if he had clicked on RESIGN and he mentioned he had not.

June 12, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4006103

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Notification like this is being sent to the translator when the option 'Notify translators when they are removed from jobs' is checked in WPML -> Settings -> Translation Notification. But the truth is that I'm not sure when it is triggered. I'm consulting our second tier supporters about this issue and getting more information about it.

Meanwhile, I would like, please to get some more information from you.
Can you please tell me who the sender of this email is?
Do you at the bottom of the email this text (the domain would be different of course)?

You are receiving this email because you have a translator account in
hidden link. To stop receiving notifications, log-in to Your Profile and unselect "Send me a notification email when there is something new to translate". Please note that this will take you out of the translators pool.

Generated by WPML plugin, running on hidden link.

Please see the attached screenshot email-footer.jpg

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 13, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4014511

alimB

I am pasting below the message as forwarded by the translator (the top part I have removed and just retained the part below)

Please do advise.. today the translator got quiet a few cancellation notifications like this when I have done nothing of this sort.

You have been removed from the translation job "Ezequiel Lukin Will Serve As National Sales Manager At Coburn" for English to Chinese.

You can view your other translation jobs here: hidden link

--
This message was automatically sent by Translation Management running on VisionPlus Magazine. To stop receiving these notifications contact the system administrator at hidden link.

This email is not monitored for replies.

June 13, 2019 at 8:14 pm #4016855

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I'm not able to trigger this email message on my test site. I'm again consulting our second tier supporter about this issue while I'm adding this new information.

I'll keep you update here.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 16, 2019 at 11:44 am #4030371

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I was able to replicate how this email notification is being sent. These are the conditions of triggering this notification.

1. Send a job to a translator A.
2. While the job is waiting for translator A, do not cancel it.
3. Go to dashboard and send the job again to translator B.
4. Translator B will receive the notification for a new job, and A will receive the notification that he/she was removed from the job.

I'm thinking that maybe, mistakenly, while sending those jobs from the Translation Dashboard to the Translation Basket, you as a translation manager, sent this job again without marking the already sent jobs to 'Do nothing'. Please see the attached screenshot do-nothig.jpg. And then in the Translation Basket, you have re-assigned this job to the translator that is supposed to translate it in the other language.
Is it possible that something like that happened?

Regards,
Itamar.

June 16, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4030625

alimB

Hi Itamar

I have asked my colleague who handles this part to confirm regarding your query..

In the meantime, I feel she may have done that.. coz first she would give the article to an Hindi translator and he would be working on that..

Next she would assign it to a Chinese Translator.. no when she assigns it to a Chinese translator she would check the DO NOTHING for the Hindi language.. (the article would be already assigned for Hindi Translation)

Is there another way to do this? Please do advise..

June 16, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4030627

alimB

In the meantime, the hindi translation guy has an issue which could be connected.. I am not really sure.. some of his translations are showing status 'Waiting for translator' when had already started them and some of them he had even completed.. and when he clicks on the translate button he gets the attached screen (firstly she should be getting the Advanced Translation but instead he gets the attached one)

June 17, 2019 at 11:50 am #4035063

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

You wrote: "Next she would assign it to a Chinese Translator.. no when she assigns it to a Chinese translator she would check the DO NOTHING for the Hindi language.. (the article would be already assigned for Hindi Translation)"

I'm sorry, but it is not clear to me. Is the above your assumption, or are you sure that she had marked the 'Do Nothing' for the languages that this job was already assigned for?

You are using a multisite installation.
Is WPML installed only on this site hidden link, or also on other sites?

Could you please let me have access to your site and allow me to check this issue?
Please tell me the translator's name (those translators that reported this issue).

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 19, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4054343

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

If I understand correctly, then the issue with the hidden link site.
Is it correct?
If so and, as you say, hidden link is the main domain of this multisite installation then I suppose to have access also to hidden link. Nevertheless, when I access your site, I do not see that I can access hidden link. Please see the attached screenshot 4-plus-medai.jpg.

Moreover, when I go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translations Role, I see only one Translation Managers. And when I go to Users -> All users I see none of the names that you mention as translators.

Please explain to where I can see the issue. And also please share with me the content of the last email that was received and informed about the translator removal from the job. And tell me which one of the translator it is. For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 23, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4073519

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Thanks, now I can access visionplusmag.fourplusmedia.com.

When I check the WP Mail Log that you have installed on your site I can see that 'removed' emails were sent between 2019-06-08 and the 2019-06-17. Please see the attached screenshot removed-emails.jpg
Has this issue returned since 2019-06-17?

Meanwhile, I'm also consulting our second tier supporter about this issue.

June 24, 2019 at 6:02 am #4074791

alimB

Hi Itamar

The messages may have stopped since then as my colleague may not have assigned some tasks in the last few days.. Do let me know how it goes..

Have a nice day..:-)..

Regards,
Alim

June 26, 2019 at 10:55 am #4091733

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Alim.

Our second tier supporter suggests that to further debug this issue we should make a copy of your site and then when this wrong 'removed' email is received we will be able to see what was the state of the job before the incorrect email was sent, and this way maybe have a clue how we can replicate the issue.

I usually install the Duplicator Pro plugin (hidden link) to make a copy of a site, but I have no permission to install plugins on your site.

Do you have a recent backup of your site that you can send me?
Or, can you let my user priveledges to install plugins so I can install the Duplicator plugin?

A private message is enabled for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 27, 2019 at 4:19 am #4096525

alimB

In the meantime please try on the staging server to change the email ids of the translators so that they don't get messages while you are testing as it might confuse them

Also on my main site I see a WPML test post that's published.. can it be removed please?

The topic ‘[Closed] Notifications being sent to translators that they have been removed from post’ is closed to new replies.