This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4171645

Maultrommel

Tell us what you are trying to do? Get some form of notification when someone edits the english version of a page

Is there any documentation that you are following? Not that I can find

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? omf.org

July 9, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4172493

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am trying to better understand what is exactly what you are looking for so can you please elaborate a bit more on this matter?

Are you referring to this:

If a translator is assigned to a specific post/page that he/she has to translate, when anyone (like the Admin of the site) makes a modification to the default-language of that post/page, the translator gets notified that there has been change in the original-language content so that they know they need to update the translation? Is this what you are referring to?

Also, can you please take a look at the 2 tickets below and see if that helps your case?

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-notify-translators-of-updates-to-a-page/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/send-notification-to-translator-as-well-as-email/

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 10, 2019 at 9:13 am #4177649

Maultrommel

Thank you - I will look at those - it would be great if that was in the Documentation a bit clearer -
We have one translation coordinator who then works offline with translators at the moment.

I will look at the threads.

July 10, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4182651

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for the recommendation.

I will let our team know.

Please let me know how it will go with the tickets I shared with you.

Kind regards,
Mihai