This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 11:32 am

Nate Freedman

I am trying to: update the numbers for Continents

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (click on continents for pop-up)

I expected to see: The numbers for Population need to be updated, but they only get saved for English. New numbers:

Americas: population = 922
Surface = 35,814,262 km2
Commercial Foudservice units= 2,053,448

Instead, I got: Old data, incorrrect numbers.

July 22, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4257023

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

Could you please help me with some steps how the numbers are added to the page, I tried to open the page in the backend but I don't see much options to add the numbers that you have described.

With regards to number, it is highly recommended the translation preference of the number of fields should be set to "Copy" instead of "Translate". I'm not exactly clear whether the fields are added from a custom field or using an elementor data and hence i'm limited with the suggestions

Let me know more details, I will be happy to help.

Kind regards
Raja

July 23, 2019 at 10:25 am #4265089

Nate Freedman

Hi Raja,

Thanks for looking into this for me.

To update the field numbers, we go to Countries >> Continents in the CMS - hidden link

On a Continent page, for example Africa - hidden link - we can update these numbers in the Data fields.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Tomi

July 23, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4266471

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Tomi,

It seems the WPML String Translation plugin is not updated to the latest version, It is highly recommended to keep all the plugins up to date else there might be some issue with translations.

Update the translation, check if the issue still persists.
Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Numbers not saved in lanugages other than English’ is closed to new replies.