We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3712557

lindaL-3

I am trying to: translate a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (English version of this page)

I expected to see: no icon images in translation editor source and also weird translation -->

{{base64content "PGRpdiBjbGFzcz0ieC10ZXh0IiAgPjxwPk1ldCBkZSBodWlkaWdlIGJla2VuZGUgdGhlcm1pc2NoZSBvcHNsYWdzeXN0ZW1lbiBrYW4gZWNodGVyIHNsZWNodHMgb3ZlciBrb3J0ZSBwZXJpb2RlcyBlbmVyZ2llIHdvcmRlbiBvcGdlc2xhZ2VuIG9mIGlzIGRlIHJlYWxpc2F0aWUgbmlldCByZW5kYWJlbCBnZW5vZWcuIEhldCBFY292YXQgZW5lcmdpZW9wc2xhZ3N5c3RlZW0gaXMgaGllcmJpaiB0aGUgbWlzc2luZyBsaW5rOiBiZXRhYWxiYXJlIHRoZXJtaXNjaGUgZW5lcmdpZW9wc2xhZyBvdmVyIGRlIHNlaXpvZW5lbiBoZWVuLjwvcD4KPC9kaXY+Cg==" }}

Instead, I got: all old images which have been removed from the homepage, some texts are not visible in the source (left side of Translation Editor)

Remarks: Old objects are displayed in the Translation Editor. Before we've had multiple icons displayed on this page. We removed them but these are still being displayed in the translation editor. Also, the piece of text in the beige colored background is not visible in the Translation Editor.

Do we need to/are we able to rescan the content of the page? How can we remove the old objects from the source page in the Translation Editor?

April 30, 2019 at 7:14 pm #3714495

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization and scan your theme and the plugins for new strings.

Now, could you please go to WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation and click the button "Start" in order to sycronize your media files?
Further, please use the option WPML -> Settings -> Translate Link Targets to scan and adjust the links on the website.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 6, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3750083

lindaL-3

Hi,

I don't think these actions will solve the issue. The problem is that when we go into the original page, then switch with the pencil icon to the other language of the page and the Translation Editor is opened, we still see old content and we are missing new content (see attached image) on the left side. Looks like the source page is not synchronized with the actual content.

However, upon switching off the button 'Use the translation editor of WPML', saving the page, then switching on the button 'Use the translation editor of WPML' and saving the page, the new text was displayed but now another section of the page has disappeared. Very frustrating.

"Go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization and scan your theme and the plugins for new strings."

Done, no changes

"Now, could you please go to WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation and click the button "Start" in order to sycronize your media files?"

I don't see how this will solve the issue. Because all images are still in the image library, just not on the page.

"Further, please use the option WPML -> Settings -> Translate Link Targets to scan and adjust the links on the website."

Done this, 90000 (!) strings were found and processed. Unfortunately didn't fix the issue.

Best regards,

Nick

May 6, 2019 at 5:40 pm #3751499

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Further, please go to WPML -> Support and choose the option Troubleshooting. Here locate the clean up option and run the available tasks in order to solve database issues.
Make sure to take a backup of your site and database before running those tasks.

– Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
– Fix element_type collation
– Set language information
– Fix post type assignment for translations

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Old content shown in Translation Editor’ is closed to new replies.