This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 10:04 pm

rogierk-2

I am trying to: translate pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: an example is the currect front page. If I view the page, all is correct. If I open the translation, a completely different content is visible. On other pages I have some content different.

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 29, 2019 at 10:05 pm #3706803

rogierk-2

I hope you have enough like this. Please let me know.

April 30, 2019 at 9:37 am #3710125

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Before we can investigate this issue, we will need to update WPML plugins to latest releases. You have an outdated version, and updating directly to latest release may not succeed, some of our customers have run the update without issues. But what i can suggest, is making incremental updates 3.8.0 -> 3.9.0 -> 3.9.4 -> 4.2 (latest).
You can get any of the mentioned old versions from the download section on your account here https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog.

If your site is a live site it is recommended first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on another server.

Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps

Can you, then, paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] old page content visible’ is closed to new replies.