This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4447399

colinS-7

I have imported posts from our archives. There are around 3000 posts with featured image. When I am tranlasting those posts the featured image is not being copied.

August 23, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4447571

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum,

Please goto WPML > Settings > Media Translation

* To fix already translated content, In the first section select
- [x] Duplicate the featured images for translated content, and hit start - Wait for the process to complete

* To fix the issue for new content and to make the featured image available in translation
- On the same settings page under the section How to handle media for new content, Select all the options and hit apply.

This should help you resolve the issue.

Related documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#media-translation-settings

Feel free to write back if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

August 26, 2019 at 12:43 am #4455357

colinS-7

This does not work... I chose the Duplicate Feature image and saved the post again. No impact. I chose the Duplicate post function and wait for it finish, save the post again and no impact.

The only solution I found to copy the image or atleast duplicate is:

add_action('icl_make_duplicate', 'my_copy_feature', 10, 4);
function my_copy_feature( $master_post_id, $lang, $postarr, $id ) {
$feature_id = get_post_thumbnail_id( $master_post_id );
set_post_thumbnail ($id, $feature_id);
}

It would be great if WPML had media duplicate functions that worked...

August 26, 2019 at 8:51 am #4456913

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

The media duplicate feature should work in WPML, However, I'm not sure what exactly is the issue in your case.

Try updating WPML to the latest version 4.2.7.1 it seems you are using an older version 4.2.6, Let me know if that helps.

In case if you don't see any update notification on your site try the manual update procedure
* Steps to manual update
-- Backup your site and database
-- Deactivate the WPML plugin from WP dashboard plugins section, This won't delete any data
-- Download a fresh copy of WPML plugin from your WPML account dashboard https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
-- Upload a fresh copy of the newer version of WPML multilingual CMS plugin to your site
-- Activate the plugin and register if required
-- Update the rest of the WPML plugin from plugins > Add New > Commercial Tab

I hope this would solve your issue. Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja