This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 21, 2018 at 12:48 am #2198533

connectbitC

I am trying to:
update image path
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Old url keeps appearing : hidden link

New url already updated : hidden link

I expected to see:
new url only

Instead, I got:
old url section appearing. Also, another duplicate section appears.
hidden link

May 22, 2018 at 12:41 pm #2208044

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I can see you moved from a test site from a production site, and your image URL haven't updated. However, this isn't a WPML issue, because as you can see from the screenshot original posts and translations both share the same image URL.
Probably something went wrong during the migration.

In your last screenshot, the strings are simply not translated. Did you have them translated in your test site? If so, it was most probably caused by the same issue that didn't update all the image URL.

Here you can find some information about moving WordPress sites: https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

May 23, 2018 at 12:27 am #2212369

connectbitC

I have to disagree with you on the migration portion.

The Bahasa language has no issue, and the old url does not appear at the WPML translator.

Only the chinese language is showing the additional old url. It looks like a bug for Chinese language.

Any advice ?

May 23, 2018 at 8:02 am #2213066

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

this kind of errors can happen during migration, it can be on only one string, on a whole database table or just in some strings, as in your case.

If everything else is working fine, you can use a plugin such as Search & Replace to update your URLs: hidden link

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.