Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
February 14, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3201806

laurenceT

Tell us what you are trying to do? Reduce number of plug ins on our websites. I just want to find out if the 4 main plug ins that you recommend are the ONLY plug ins that I now need to run my sites. For example, I used to have WPML Widgits - do I need this plug in now or can I delete it?

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link (depends where you are as to whether or not you will get access to the site as we have a country blocker on it).

February 14, 2019 at 10:02 pm #3201927

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The main plugins that we usually recommend are WPML Multilingual CMS (the core plugin), STring Translation, Translation Management, and Media Translation (if you want to use different images per language). If you are not using Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, Advanced Custom Fields, Mailchimp, etc, then you do not need those add ons. You also most likely don't need the CMS Nav and Sticky Links plugins. As for the widgets, I am not even sure where that one comes from, so I think it's safe to see it is no longer needed.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.