Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 33 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
May 11, 2016 at 12:10 am #879715

scottT-2

In fact it was not fixed. There was a configuration change which came with an updated version of Trellis which made the problem appear to be solved but in fact it caused other, worse, issues at the same time.

In particular, recent changes in Trellis changed the WP_HOME setting to be based on the current value of HTTP_HOST rather than fixed as the primary language's domain. This fixed the home page issue but made WPML think the default language's domain is whatever the current domain is, which meant for example the language switcher did not work from a non-default language trying to link back to the default language.

So this issue remains. My workaround is still working, however.

May 11, 2016 at 5:40 am #879792

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Please leave the domain for testing if you can. This issue was reproducible on my local server but 3rd tier have some trouble in reproducing on their server. Therefore, I am still in process to setup the fresh site on a common server.

Well if home URL depends on HTTP_HOST that behavior is expected. We never recommend it not even WordPress.
I will update you again once I have some news.

Thanks

May 17, 2016 at 1:25 pm #884186

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I am sorry for the delay. But I got a new server where issue isn't reproducible I tried many different sub-domain and top level domain. But all works.

I found what rules our admin added there

server {
    listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80; #Our server IP
    server_name saco.test ceso.test;

And your config file

server {
  listen 80;
  server_name <em><u>hidden link</u></em>;
  return 301 $<em><u>hidden link</u></em>;
}
server {
  listen 80;
  server_name <em><u>hidden link</u></em>;
  return 301 $<em><u>hidden link</u></em>;
}

I am not Nginx geek but I see the difference two server block with 301 redirect would you mind to test again and keeping the server name in one line with no return statement?
I am not sure how it will effect. But I need more clue to understand this issue.

Thanks

May 17, 2016 at 1:27 pm #884190

Sumit
Supporter

One another thing are you using easyengine hidden link ?

The topic ‘[Closed] On home page (only), always redirected from French to English’ is closed to new replies.