This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 10:31 am

silmikko

Hi guys,

I just found some errors / misbehavior on my site.

I had to do some changes to my primary language on every page and subpage. By doing that I lost a lot of translations on the pages that have been marked 100% ready. The loss of the translations was mostly related to images or pictures on those pages. Sometimes all the translations were lost (empty fields under secondary language), sometimes there was only one line missing (field empty) and sometimes the secondary language field was replaces with the primary language text of the image / picture.

I have already retranslated all the content but attached are some screenshots to explain this more:

hidden link

and an other one

hidden link

AND

On the top of all this I ran into some style changes on some of the pages too. This was more like some margin or padding changes and pictures were not aligned as I have set them hidden link.

Do you think these are all the same issue as the earlier ticket I posted 1 or 2 weeks ago or is this something else?

Cheers,

mikko

July 20, 2019 at 11:53 am #4249789

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I don't think that translation disappearing can be related to the Media Translation ticket, if it's the one you are referring to.

If you edit a page or a post, you still have the issue? We would need to see it to debug. If editing you still can reproduce, I can take a copy of the site for further testing.

July 21, 2019 at 10:37 am #4252095

silmikko

Hi Laura,

This is what really happened. Every translation was 100% ready and we just finished media translation 1-2 weeks ago so I know these were all ready.

I'm not that keen on messing up with the pages any more. It took me about 2 hours to get all fixed. At the moment everything is as should be.

mikko

July 21, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4252849

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I can understand your point, but to understand what went wrong I need to see the error.

If everything is working as it should now, what I can suggest is to take a backup of the site as it is - so in case you have the problem again you can:
1. quickly restore the backup
2. send us this backup and a copy of the site with the error so we can see what it went wrong.