This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I look at the website on the mobile phone, I don't see straight away that it's also available in English. I only see this when the dropdown menu is openend. Can I move the switcher outside the dropdown menu?

Solution: Solution here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/on-the-mobilephone-i-want-the-language-switcher-outside-the-dropdown-menu/#post-3792653

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nadine 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 11:44 am #3790385

Nadine

When I look at the website on the mobile phone, I don't see straight away that it's also available in English. I only see this when the dropdown menu is openend. So it could be that someone clicks away because this person thinks that the website is only in German.

Can I make it so that the switcher ist outside the dropdown menu, where the search icon is? Even if it's just the flag?

Thank you for your kind answer and best regards

Nadine

May 12, 2019 at 8:46 am #3792653

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can fix this issue by adding the following CSS in your theme’s or child theme style.css file OR Custom CSS section of the theme:

@media (max-width: 980px) {
#top-menu {
    display: block !important;
}

#top-menu li {
    display: none;
}

#top-menu li.wpml-ls-item {
    display: inline-block;
    position: relative;
    top: 8px;
    right: 30px;
}

#top-menu li.wpml-ls-item span {
    display: none;
}

}

And it will look as in attached screenshot.

Thank you

May 16, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3827071

Nadine

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!