This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was asking why a translation job completed by a third party service is not assigned to that service in the jobs screen Solution: This can be caused by: - Editing the translation manually or by the WPML translation editors(classic or advanced) while a job of the page was already sent for translation. - Sending page again to translation locally. - Recovering a previous version of the original page.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by victoriaB-11 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 3:45 pm

victoriaB-11

I am trying to import a translation from the Translation Management tool. Out of 150+ jobs, only one did not succeed. It is called the "Blue Streak Speed Skates." We used pseudotranslations with our translator group, so the pseudotranslations can be still be seen.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Déménageur de rayonnage à palettes HD

I expected to see the new translations after importing it.

Instead, I still see the old pseudotranslations.

I contacted our translation service, the Geo Group, and they confirmed that they have sent the translation version to us. I cleared my WPML cache, and tried importing a second time, with the same result of not receiving the new translation on this specific page. I noticed that in the Translation Management Dashboard, it appears not to be assigned to the Geo Group anymore.

Is my assumption correct, and how do I fix it?

Update: I was able to resolve the problem myself by re-exporting the page to be translated, and that worked. Could you please let me know how it got disconnected so that I can avoid that from happening again? Thanks!

August 27, 2019 at 4:59 pm #4468677

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I am not sure how the job was not assigned correctly, but I can think of some scenarios that could generate inconsistencies.
- Editing the translation manually or by the WPML translation editors(classic or advanced) while a job of the page was already sent for translation.
- Sending page again to translation locally.
- Recovering a previous version of the original page.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

August 27, 2019 at 5:17 pm #4468731

victoriaB-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!