This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 8:11 am #4148953

davidG-117

After editing adding a language, one of my existing langues (Albanian) dose not work anymore. i can access back end but the front end of the Albanian language is not loading. all other langues are working normally. also at the bottom of the page i get this error:

The link to the site is: hidden link

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Language of /home/alma/www/www/wp-content/languages/-1bba9045bb07c89671c88a3f328548e8.json cannot be recognized in /home/alma/www/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:54 Stack trace: #0 /home/alma/www/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(85): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get() #1 /home/alma/www/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(38): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->get_file_locale('/home/alma/www/...', 'default') #2 /home/alma/www/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->override_jed_file('/home/alma/www/...', 'wp-api-fetch', 'default') #3 /home/alma/www/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('/home/alma/www/...', Array) #4 /home/alma/www/www/wp-includes/l10n.php(1048): apply_filters(' in /home/alma/www/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php on line 54

July 5, 2019 at 10:42 am #4150381

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

2.- If the issue persists I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the steps pointed out in the attached image.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos