This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 20, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4612627

lukeB-11

Hi for some reason one of the admin user accounts on my site has been adding translations under the classic editor.

All other accounts use the advanced editor by default.

We need all user accounts to use the advanced editor.

How to translate posts and pages settings:
New content
Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor

Content that was created with WPML's Classic Translation Editor
Use WPML's Classic Translation Editor

These settings have been like this since setup.

It also looks like the Use WPML's Translation Editor option has been on the entire time.

We are not sure how this could have happened. This account has the same user permissions as another admin account that is using the advanced editor, no settings or individual user settings relating to this seem to have been changed.

Is there any other way an individual user could open up the classic editor by default?

September 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4612901

lukeB-11

A bit more info.

I updated to the latest version 4.2.8 of the plugin today, I was peviously using 4.2.7.1.

It looks like since updating that all user accounts are making use of the advanced editor as I'd expect with my settings.

I can't confirm whether other admin accounts were using the classic or advanced editor prior to the update. All I can tell is that all accounts are working normally now, but prior to the update at least one admin account incorrectly had the classic editor as default.

Any information as to how that could have happened would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to find out if it could possible happen again as we've now got a few days worth of work to retranslate in the advanced editor.

September 22, 2019 at 10:28 pm #4619559

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Luke,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I'm glad to hear that you managed to sort this out in the meantime. Well done!

Now, regarding what might've caused it, it's hard to say. As I understand, you concern is that this might be coming back at some point. I'm pretty sure that this won't happen again while now it's working as it should. My advice is to create a full backup of your website. This way, even if the issue comes back (even though it shouldn't), you'll be able to roll back to a working state in no time.

Also, if this issue ever comes back on your website, you can easily send us a message and we'll have a look to see what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] One of my users seems to have the classic editor set as default’ is closed to new replies.