This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The menu links are not working properly and when clicked, this redirects to the main domain.

Solution: In this topic, the client confirmed that synchronizing the menus again resolved the problem. To sync the menu, please, click on the WPML > WP Menus Sync to sync the menu again.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastianM-7 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 5, 2017 at 5:30 am #1290936

sebastianM-7

I am trying to:
connect our new .ie domain to our site

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
default:hidden link
desired: hidden link
instead going to:hidden link

I expected to see:
When clicking on Irish to see hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link

Steps to duplicate the issue:
Just click on the language switch in the top right. It won't go to Irish...

See DNS setting of the domain in screenshot - just in case it is helpful.

June 5, 2017 at 2:56 pm #1291419

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've noticed you are using a redirect plugin. Please, could you disable this plugin and check if the problem persists?

Also, are you using some redirect rule in the .htaccess file? I see that you've set up multiple domains on your site. Are the DNS settings the same as the domain that is working?

Thank you.

June 6, 2017 at 1:40 am #1291778

sebastianM-7

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked all DNS setting and found them to be identical with all other domains (they are all managed in bluehost). But I did figure the issue was that we hadn't created a single page on the Irish site. Now that we have done that it works.

Two problems that remain are:
All pages in the navigation go back to NZ page and don't just mask ie domain while using that content from the NZ (default) page. Any suggestions.
Also, somehow we lost out flags for a couple of languages as you can see in the drop-down on the website. How would we get them back?

Also, how do I supress 'WordPress cannot automatically download translations for the following languages" or is that something that is related to the issues above?

Thank you very much. You guys customer service has been consistently great for many years now.

Cheers,
Sebastian

June 6, 2017 at 5:48 pm #1292494

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Sebastian,

This does not appear to be all the menu items that are linking to the primary domain. For example, Health Benefits > Eases Arthritis, Joint Pain and Stiffness, is linking to the correct domain. Are these pages all translated? Do you have already synchronized the menu (WPML > WP Menus Sync)?

On flags, it looks like you've added these two languages manually. Have you tried uploading these flags again? If not, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Site Languages
- Click on the "Edit Languages" link
- In languages that are missing the flags, upload the images again.

Note that you must upload the flags. Just uploading the flag images to the WPML folder via FTP will cause you to lose these flags when WPML is updated. For this reason, you should use the "Upload flag" option on the "Edit Languages" page.

Thank you.

June 11, 2017 at 6:34 am #1295656

sebastianM-7

Thanks a lot. Working now as expected.