This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: advanced translation editor translations not showing up Solution: It is enough to visit WPML -> Translations and in that case, ATE connection refreshes and pulls translation jobs.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-199 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 9:35 pm

davidM-199

I am trying to translate a page on my website into German. It says the translation is at a hundred percent but when I click on submit it does not appear on my website. The page is 'about the creators' section ( See top menu bar) on my website below.

hidden link

I have attached a screenshot showing the translation.

July 31, 2019 at 7:12 am #4312033

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Usually when this happens, it is enough to visit WPML -> Translations and in that case, ATE connection refreshes and pulls translation jobs.

However, in your case when I do it, I am getting the following message:

"The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions." Therefore, we will need to do some things:

Could you make sure your server conforms to our minimum requirements?
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Based on provided debug information, I can see the following - WP Memory Limit: 40M.

Specifically, could you set WP Memory limit to at least 256MB?
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

If unsure on how to set this, you can consult your host/server admin to do this. After you increase this value, you can confirm it by checking on WPML -> Support by finding the “Memory limit” value.

Can you also activate "Multibyte String extension", which seems to be disabled on your site?
hidden link

You can ask your host to assist with this.

After this, can you only open WPML -> translations and then check if the German translation is working? You could also try delivering it once again.

If none of these work and you're still seeing "the site is experienced...", Can you try this?

Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced.

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 2, 2019 at 1:23 am #4325623

davidM-199

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!