This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cooldeep 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 9:43 pm

cooldeep

Hi,

Whenever I use the Nepali word बारे, even though I am viewing the Nepali version of the site, that particular word is automatically getting replaced by the English word 'bout' in all occurrence of that page; whether it's the Meta Title or the body.

I tried to search for both the Nepali & English words viz. बारे and bout in the String Translation page but didn't get any result.

As of now, rest of the translations seems to be working fine.

I am using the TagDiv Newspaper theme.

July 17, 2019 at 8:26 am #4227411

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

I noticed from your debug information that you're using outdated versions of WPML plugins. Please consider updating all WPML plugins to latest versions and check if the issue is resolved.

You can update WPML plugins at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab.

Note: Please backup your site completely before updating WPML.

Also, I would like to recommend you to increase your max input vars, currently it has a value of 3000 in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support section.

Please, try to increase it to 6000. You might need some assistance from your host to properly set this up.

See:
hidden link
hidden link

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected.
-under Strings in the themes section, select your theme
-click 'Scan selected themes for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-try to search for the strings again in WPML > String Translation and translate them completely.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 17, 2019 at 10:22 am #4228617

cooldeep

Hi Dennis,

I followed all your steps but still the issue seems to be unresolved!

Under String Translation, I have even checked the box where it says to 'Use my translation.' Please view attached screenshot.

Please assist!

July 17, 2019 at 11:22 am #4229367

cooldeep

Hi Dennis,

One more info for you, might help you troubleshoot. When I disabled the WPML plugin and reloaded the page, everything is displaying fine. So seems like the issue is because of the WPML plugin only!

July 17, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4230179

cooldeep

Hi Dennis,

I've solved my issue.

The translations seems to be due to a String translation of a list of words called 'Comma-separated list of words to texturize in your language.'

Please check attached screenshot.

Thanks for your help!

July 17, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4230205

cooldeep

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 29, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4303541

cooldeep

Still not resolved!