This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 14, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4205587

andraL

On my page, I have different main categories, like boys and girls and then different subcategories (beachwear, etc). Since some of the clothes can be worn by both girls and boys I made subcategories like "beachwear" primary, so the gender would not confuse buyers, however for some reason when I translated product categories and synced them, it did not sync the boys' clothes categories. I added pictures where in English the category "beachwear" is shown, but in the translated page, the category that is shown is "poisid"="boys". For the girls, all product categories run correctly. How is that so? Is there something that I could do to fix my issue?

July 15, 2019 at 8:01 am #4208101

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

It would be possible to access the site so I can see the issue directly? I'll enable a private reply.

I'd also ask you, if possible, to this compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

July 15, 2019 at 11:14 am #4210277

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Did you also try the compatibility test?

July 15, 2019 at 11:43 am #4210585

andraL

To be fair, I am scared to do it, since one time I did that I had to build up the page from scrach and we want to open our webstore as soon as possible.

July 15, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4210909

Laura
Supporter

This is why we always suggest to do a backup before such tests.

If you don't want to do it, I can take a copy of the site but it will require more time.

July 15, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4211007

andraL

I'm ok if it takes more time, if it is ok with you.

July 15, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4211875

andraL

Migration should be ready.

July 17, 2019 at 8:21 am #4227239

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I checked and the issue is for the default language (Estonian), not for the translated language (English), so I'm not sure how WPML is involved in this.
I deactivated it and the issue still persists, so it seems more a configuration problem than a WPML one.

Also I can see under hidden link some items marked as "poisid" so maybe it could be a theme issue?

July 17, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4230011

andraL

Actually the site was made in English and I translated it to Estonian, which I later chose as a default language, because we chose that we want Estonian language to be our main language and the first to show up for our customers. Since everything worked well in English, I thought that the issue should be wpml because in Estonian it went differently. But I can also consultate with the theme developer.

July 17, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4231223

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

if you changed default language then this could make sense. Did it work before switching languages?

Would it possible to reproduce the issue here?
hidden link
You don't need to reproduce the exact issue as it's on your site, just a couple of products and categories will do so that we can see the process.

July 22, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4256899

andraL

Sorry for the delayed answer. I am still waiting for the theme developers answer since I actually think it might be their issue.

July 22, 2019 at 12:25 pm #4257135

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

no problem. If you later receive a reply, let me know. If it's necessary to reproduce the issue I'll give you another link (these expire after 7 days of inactivity)

The topic ‘[Closed] One product category is not syncing correctly for the translated page’ is closed to new replies.