If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 6:45 am

janB-19

Hello.
I have a site with woocommerce and 3 language versions (SK, EN, RU). In main shop page, I have a problem, that I have 4 main product categories, but in RU version I can see only 3, the first category is lost. Everything is OK in SK and EN version, but only 3 categories in RU version.
The link to basic language version is here: hidden link
You can switch language in top right corner. Please, ignore the category "homepage" for now, it is visible only in SK language, and it's intention. Problem is in "Electric actuators", which are not visible in RU version (the category is not loaded by PHP, no CSS issues).
I am almost sure, everything in wp-admin should be set correct. Could you please help?

May 31, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3930785

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I tried to log in the site but the login page is restricted. Could you give me access to the login page?

2.- Please follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Go to WPML -> Taxonomy Translation -> Make sure the category is translated.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) -> Sync all products.

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 2, 2019 at 7:38 pm #3938187

janB-19

Hello, sorry, I haven't realized, that webhosting provider restricts the entrance from foreign countries. The blocker is inactive now, you should be able, to log in.
The whole site (database and ftp) is automatically backed up every day at 3:00 a.m (Central European Summer Time) by hosting provider.

I have checked the taxonomy translation, it looks all right, I think. Please, be so kind and check it again (there are some categories available only in russian language)
I have checked the product synchronization, there is something to synchronize. Please, see the image below.
The problem is, that actually there is somehow desired category in russian version. I am sure, that I did nothing, so I have no idea how could this happen. Do you think, I should click "synchronize" button nevertheless? Or could you check, what's wrong in general, that desired category drop out sometimes?

Thank you a lot

June 3, 2019 at 9:57 am #3941123

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I was able to log in the site this time. In this case I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Make a full backup of the site before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes to their latest version. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Status tab -> Fix all the problems that are displayed, specially the translation of the taxonomies, attributes and tags.
- Once the steps above are finished then go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) and sync all products.

Could you confirm that the issue disappeared?

Regards,
Carlos

June 3, 2019 at 2:02 pm #3943205

janB-19

Please, leave this task opened for now, I will do some changes at site in those days. I will give you an answer then.

June 3, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3943313

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Sure, I will be waiting for your update.

Regards,
Carlos

June 12, 2019 at 5:07 am #4000239

janB-19

Hello, I tried to do everything you have written above, but I am afraid, it didn't help. This problem appear, when I change product detail. Yesterday I was adding new product category and prices to 8 products in SK version and the whole category dropped out from RU version.
Could you please look at it? The site is backed up. Thank you

June 12, 2019 at 6:15 am #4000467

janB-19

Just need to know - it's not possible to update active template, because there are lot of hardcoded changes in PHP, which are lost after upgrade. I tried that, and I must recover from backup.

June 12, 2019 at 7:27 am #4001107

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

However I still can see 19 pending updates, which 16 outdated plugins including Woocommerce Multilingual. Could you please update this outdated plugins and let me know when this is done?

Note: Also, please activate the debug mode in the site by following the steps described in this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
Do you see any error in the debug.log file within wp-content folder?

Regards,
Carlos

June 12, 2019 at 8:08 am #4001553

janB-19

I tried to update Woocommerce multilingual and here's the result:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Twig_TokenParserBroker::addTokenParser() must be an instance of Twig\TokenParser\TokenParserInterface, instance of Twig_TokenParser_For given, called in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/c/3/c3a70732-4b97-4110-a1b7-5a6ffc94c9ff/marvelpit.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php on line 1507 and defined in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/c/3/c3a70732-4b97-4110-a1b7-5a6ffc94c9ff/marvelpit.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/TokenParserBroker.php:53 Stack trace: #0 /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/c/3/c3a70732-4b97-4110-a1b7-5a6ffc94c9ff/marvelpit.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(1507): Twig_TokenParserBroker->addTokenParser(Object(Twig_TokenParser_For)) #1 /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/c/3/c3a70732-4b97-4110-a1b7-5a6ffc94c9ff/marvelpit.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(1459): Twig_Environment->initExtension(O in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/c/3/c3a70732-4b97-4110-a1b7-5a6ffc94c9ff/marvelpit.sk/web/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/TokenParserBroker.php on line 53
June 12, 2019 at 8:12 am #4001569

janB-19

Nothing works on site now, neither front-end, nor wp-admin. I am recovering from backup 🙁

June 12, 2019 at 8:16 am #4001685

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm sorry for recommending to update WCML to the latest version. Our development team found an issue with the latest version of Woocommerce Multilingual and its working on solving it. Please revert the plugin back to the previous version or authorize me and I will be more than happy to do it.

Regards,
Carlos

June 12, 2019 at 8:41 am #4001993

janB-19

I recovered a version from backup. What should I do now?
I suppose there will be a betrayal only in russian language settings, or something like that.
When I update SK or EN product, then the russian category disappear. I need to go to any RU product, open it in editor and click UPDATE blue button (no changes required, just click button), then the product category on RU version appear again. I don't understand this magic...

June 12, 2019 at 11:40 am #4003587

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I took a second look at the site and I suspect that the cause of the issue is an outdated functionality. I activated the debug mode in the site and I would like to ask you to reproduce the issue one more time.

This way any error message will be recorded in the debug.log file generated within the wp-content folder and will allow me to isolate the cause of the issue.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

June 13, 2019 at 10:44 am #4012083

janB-19

Hello, I have reproduced the issue - edit SK product and save, the category in RU categories was dropped out Then I edit RU product and save, the RU category appeared. The debug.log file seems to be here: hidden link
But it is in slovak language, I hope you can "survive" that 🙂
Thank you for help