Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrizio-romanoD 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
September 8, 2016 at 11:47 am #1068280

patrizio-romanoD

I am trying to:
translate a custom taxonomy

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
ENG translation
hidden link
ITA original
hidden link

/categorie-tende/ is the taxonomy part not being translated

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link

Steps to duplicate the issue:
please check configuration in wordpress admin:

String translations - searching for 'categorie tende', it looks translated, see screenshot
Taxonomy translation - it looks translated, see screenshot

Consider also: this taxonomy WAS set via CPT UI to be overwritten, using rewrite_slug, into "categorie-tende-da-sole"; anyway, now I disabled that rewrite_slug.

Second, minor (?) issue: in Translation management panel, the [Illegal mix of collations for operation 'UNION'] message is still there, despite my collation changes on database.

September 9, 2016 at 8:02 am #1070270

Dat Hoang

That's not possible to translate taxonomy slugs at the moment with WPML. I'm adding this as a feature request.

This screenshot shows taxonomy labels, NOT taxonomy slugs - hidden link

----

Second, minor (?) issue: in Translation management panel, the [Illegal mix of collations for operation 'UNION'] message is still there, despite my collation changes on database.

Please open a new ticket for this issue.
Before that please take a look the error message, then make sure you did the changes on the fields. If you change the collation for the table, that does not guarantee this table's fields getting changed as well.

September 19, 2016 at 7:10 am #1086740

patrizio-romanoD

As a work-around, we decided to change the url structure in order to use generic terms as taxonomies, instead of those needing translation, for example:
replaced /category-awnings/ with /c/
Thank you very much for your help and explanations.