This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 1:24 pm #3960809

mattB-25

I am trying to: Remove two same string different domain

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Only one string display for this domain default123

June 6, 2019 at 4:20 am #3965811

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will try to help you with your issue.

You can remove the string manually by selecting the string using the checkbox at the far left, Scroll down to the bottom of the table click on the button "Delete Selected String" to remove from the list.

I hope this helps you better, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

June 6, 2019 at 5:00 am #3965851

mattB-25

Hi Raja, Yes I know that I can delete it from the left side and I did for one string but I am not getting that why it is duplicating there? Is there any use of it because both are same and we have not created 2 times from our end. So, let me know the reason of that because it is confusing at the time of editing the string that which I have to edit and if I am editing first string then it is not affecting on frontend and when I am editing second one then it is showing changes on frontend. So, I am confused about the first one that why it is there if it is of no use.

June 6, 2019 at 9:43 am #3967913

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

String translation registers all the strings in your site scanning through your plugins and theme, The string in the discussion here seems to appear in two places in the code with two different domains and hence it appears twice on the string translation table Which is expected behavior.

I hope this clarifies your question. let me know if you need further assistance.

kind regards
Raja

June 6, 2019 at 11:45 am #3968879

mattB-25

Hi Raja, Yes it is showing 2 different domain that is why it is showing 2 times but I have created it with domain default123 not with any other domain. Is there any reason it has created with other domain as well? Because I am sure that I have created with the default123 domain only.

June 6, 2019 at 12:13 pm #3969121

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Please go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization in the Strings in the themes and Strings in the plugins table check if you can find the domain in the textdomain column of the table. this will give you a better idea from where the domain is registered in the string translation.

If you are stuck please share temporary access to your site let me take a closer look.

Kind regards
Raja

June 7, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3976337

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I checked your site in details,

At the bottom of the WPML > String translation page you will see a "More options" section where you can include or exclude the user roles to be included in String translation under the domain Authors (screenshot attached), Exclude all the user roles form the options to exclude from the string translation,

Now you can manually remove the Strings from "Authors" domain from the string translation the strings will not be registered again.

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] one string Two time string display in string translate different domain’ is closed to new replies.