This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was having problem with Divi, pages were not saved from the first try. Solution: I was able to save in the second try. I was able to save when deactivating WPRocket. User was still having this issue after disabling WPRocket. And was able to solve this issue by increasing WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to 256M

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Marco

Last night i was creating a new translation of the portfolio page (dedicate to recipe)

hidden link

After I create the translation page while I was saving the page something went wrong .. the page get stuck and from here all the problems are present:

Each time i recreate the page and try to save it I get the message from DIVI builder (please see the attachment)

I contact my hosting provider and they said my memory setup of the max execution is already set at the maximum

I contact also DIVI and they suggest me to contact WPML since is a problem related to WPML and DIVI compatibility:

Also the translation of this page has gone forever : hidden link

Can you please investigate to find out what is the problem?

Thank you

MArk

March 9, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3298274

Marco

I'd like to put some additional info. I have been working myself to solve the problem. I had to re-create myself the lost page and them to save them in the second language by forcing the saving by clicking the tab TRY AGAIN (see the screenshot).

So I invite you to check my debug to see if there are errors on my database tablet of WPML since the issue of not being able to save is still appear only in the second language page of the portfolio session but work fine in all other standard pages.

Thank you

Mark

March 9, 2019 at 4:58 pm #3298662

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I logged to your website and checked ftp for a debug log but could not found any. Debug was actually deactivated.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem(Save a portfolio that is presenting the issue).
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Before that can you try to repeat this action while deactivating all non WPML plugins, to exclude a possible conflict.

Can you also record a short video of your manipulation so i can reproduce it on my own ?
And make sure to have a database backup so we can recover in the worst scenario.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 10, 2019 at 11:38 am #3304003

Marco

Hi Jamal and thank you to help us. We have follow your instructions

1 Here is the URL of the video, please refresh if not loading: hidden link

2 Here is the url's Debug: hidden link

We have try, to save the page also without plugins and the popup error is not appear but the page doesn't save too. As you'll see from the video I have notice something unusual that reoccurs when the page load in the editing modality. It refresh just right after it load and this happen even with all other plugin turned off. We have also secure a backup so feel free to taste.

We are waiting for your response

Thank you Jamal and good luck!

Mark

March 10, 2019 at 2:44 pm #3304573

Marco

I'd like to add that also mu sitemap is corrupted:

When I attempt to open the url: hidden link

I'm getting this message!

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class WP_Term could not be converted to string in /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-tax-query.php on line 558

Thank you

Mark

March 11, 2019 at 12:14 pm #3310637

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The debug information provided is not the PHP debugging. So i installed File Manager to be able to edit wp-config.php and activate debugging. Then i tried to save the same projet and got the same error. Here what the debug log reveals.

[11-Mar-2019 12:04:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/functions.php on line 6692
[11-Mar-2019 12:05:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function have_posts() on array in /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/module/Portfolio.php:527
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php(1893): ET_Builder_Module_Portfolio->render(Array, '', 'et_pb_portfolio', '', '', '', '')
#1 /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(325): ET_Builder_Element->_render(Array, '', 'et_pb_portfolio')
#2 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array)
#3 /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(199): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(et_pb_...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '[et_pb_portfoli...')
#4 /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/main-structure-elements.php(3741): do_shortcode('[et_pb_portfoli...')
#5 /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php(1893): ET_Builder_Column->render(Array, '[et_pb_portfoli...', 'et_pb_column', '', '', '', '')
#6 /home/ in /home/kgzyyjlb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/module/Portfolio.php on line 527

The debug does not really point to an error within WPML code, but it may be caused by WPML. Would you like to run the cleanup actions in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting. This will try to correct integrity of WPML data in the database. Hopefully this action will correct both issues.

If this does not resolve the issue. Please share a duplicator package so we can investigate this with our developers. When creating the Duplicator package, please use its filter to exclude uploads folder, this would reduce the size of the package.

Regarding the second issue, if this does not get resolved by the troubleshooting actions. I will investigate this issue further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 12, 2019 at 12:46 am #3317251

Marco

Hi, thanks to investigate, before I run the clean up actions ... will it cause this action a lost of my WPML settings or lost of translations page? I'm little worry .... Can you please tell me what do I have to flag on the page WPML troubleshooting?

AGAIN:

Can you ensure me that all will be fine with this operation ? we don't want the website to be down or with some errors ...

Thank you

Mark

March 12, 2019 at 9:56 am #3320409

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Marco,

As you can see in the Troubleshooting page. It is important to make a database backup. To recover the website in the worst cases.

You will not need to check the first flag or choose any of the select boxes.
Make a backup and run the actions from "Clear the cache in WPML" to "Fix post type assignment for translations".

I can also think of another possible cause, a conflict with another theme or plugin, check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Seventeen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 18, 2019 at 9:41 pm #3373629

Marco

Hi, here I'm and sorry for my delay I have been pretty busy so ... I have tried to clean the cache of WPML by following your instruction and the problem seems to be still present.

I will now check if the problem is due by any plugin and let you know:

Thank you

Mark

March 18, 2019 at 11:49 pm #3373977

Marco

Hi, we have just complete a teste without plugins active but the issue is still present it disappeared a couple of time but then it come back again ...

Meanwhile after Clean the WPNL the Sitemap from yoast it seems to working again.

We have generated a DUPLICATOR backup copy without upload folder at this address:

[Moved to private message]

So now you'll be able to test yourself the website.

Thank you

Mark

March 19, 2019 at 8:56 am
March 20, 2019 at 10:20 am #3387313

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, and my apologies for the late reply.
I tried to build the provided package locally without success. The database was successfully built, i had to create a new user, but this needs the theme and probably your other plugins.
I will create an admin user for me, and create a duplicator package. I will let you delete my user after we resolve this ticket.

Best regards,
Jamal

March 20, 2019 at 11:38 am
March 20, 2019 at 11:38 am #3388033

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I managed to build a local copy of your website. When editing the example page (/project/sugo-carne-toscana/) i encountered the same error, but i was able to save the page when i tried again.
After any small update on the page, i encountered the same error, but also was able to save the page in the second try.
The debug.log generates the same lignes with a Fatal Error en Divi/includes/builder/module/Portfolio.php line 527.

I updated WPML and installed String Translation and Translation Management, these plugins are required by our Divi integration. The issue was still present.

I narrowed down the issue to a conflict with WP Rocket. Once i activated WP Rocket the issue appears. Maybe a WP Rocket settings is conflicting with Divi and WPML. Would you deactivate WP Rocket on your end to confirm this ?

I need to isolate this from your website state(data, plugins), would you like to reproduce this issue in one of our test servers ? It will involve creating 2 or 3 projects, creating a page that uses the portfolio. Activating WP Rocket. If the error is reproduced, i will escalate this to our compatibility team for further analysis.
If it is not escalated, we will need to track down the cause error in your database.
Credentials to access the test server are provided in the private message.

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

April 11, 2019 at 1:27 pm #3588227

Marco

Hi, sorry I have been very busy yes I still need help. I'll be back to you asap at moment I can confirm that the issue is still present when I deactivate WP rocket. I have contact them swell to learn more ... Talk to you soon.

Thank you

Mark