This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to: translate OnePress theme front page custom section, which uses Page content. I am translating from Lithuanian to Polish. The section title is KALENDORIUS. In that page content there's heading and Modern Events Calendar shortcode. In secondary language shortcode miricaly appears translated, but how to make that heading "kalendorius" appear translated? Solution: You have not to use "Page Content" in this section, but add the shortcode in the section content area. And title appears, and translation is working.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by SiluvosS 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 8:47 am #3894767

SiluvosS

I am trying to: translate OnePress theme front page custom section, which uses Page content. I am translating from Lithuanian to Polish. The section title is KALENDORIUS. In that page content there's heading and Modern Events Calendar shortcode. In secondary language shortcode miricaly appears translated, but how to make that heading "kalendorius" appear translated?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: LT: hidden link, PL: hidden link

I expected to see: heading KALENDORIUS (lt)translated in KALENDARZ (pl).

Instead, I got: the same lithuanian.

May 27, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3897175

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Siluvos,

Nice you see you again.

I can see that you managed to translate all the other headings (that don't seem to be different) but you have some problems only with this one. In this case, can you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at it and see why is it not translatable, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 29, 2019 at 10:42 am #3914269

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Siluvos,

It seems that there are some compatibility issues with the custom sections. None of the titles of these kind of sections is translating. In this case, can you reach out the theme authors and ask them to check this out too, please? I checked the compatibility status with the OnePress theme (https://wpml.org/theme/onepress/) and I could see that this was not tested in a long time. You can ask the theme authors to reach out our compatibility team (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) to check this compatibility issue.

Thanks,
Radu

May 31, 2019 at 8:05 am #3928387

SiluvosS

Thank you very much, Radu!
I am still waiting for the answer from the theme support.
Please don't close this topic 🙂

May 31, 2019 at 9:11 am #3928833

SiluvosS

While waiting for Onepress support, I found a solution myself...
I had not to use "Page Content" in this section, but add my shortcode in the section content area.
And title appears, and translation is working. Everything is fine.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!