Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 7, 2020 at 3:32 pm #6082079

Bill Lafferty

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- Same as before, trying to upload completed translation on the Tarnslations page (xliff 1.2) into three languages.
- Customer has made several upgrades to both WordPress and WPML
- Still shows critical error

Please provide a private link and I can share login credentials and debug info.

Many thanks.
Bill

May 8, 2020 at 5:57 am #6086059

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi, Bill,

I will be taking over this ticket since I am familiar with the issue (another ticket was automatically closed before solved) and to not keep you waiting.

1) Share steps and XLIFF file to reproduce the issue

2) In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.

I would need to access your site's wp-admin and FTP account. I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator, and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

You can safely add your information into these fields. I would also need your permission to access the database as well.

Thanks,
Drazen

May 8, 2020 at 12:14 pm #6088505

Bill Lafferty

Hi Drazen,

Well, I was invited to a call with the client and their web developer yesterday. Apparently the website was running on a very old version of Linux, and it was causing problems. They've decided to move their site to a new host and rebuild it from scratch (including installing the latest version of WPML).

We will create a new order once the rebuild is done, and use translation memory. I suspect we will be able to upload the completed translations then. No further action required.

Thanks very much for all your support.
Bill

May 8, 2020 at 12:34 pm #6088733

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello Bill,

great to hear, I hope WPML will be working fine on a new install.

Thank you for your time and collaboration on this issue. 🙂

If you need any help with WPML, feel free to open a new ticket and we will be glad to help.

Regards,
Drazen