This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 16, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3622659

chrisC-37

I work for a Translation Services Company and our client sent a package for 20 files for 1 language. We translated all 20 files, and it looks like it was sent successfully, but the client can only see 1 file translated.

Any ideas what we should do here?

Cheers
Anthony.

April 16, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3624241

chrisC-37

I had a screen share with our client. In the Jobs section only 1 file shows up as translated, the others say not translated. And there is not check box option to force a download etc. All these 20 files were sent together, but the client was doing some changes and may have canceled the 1st job and resent. Maybe this has something to do with it.

In the meantime I asked the client to recreate a new job and send all 20 files out again for translation. We received and translated again from our TM and I believe this time she received all the files translated, however on some pages there is content in Custom Fields that is not showing up on the translated pages. I checked the strings and these were sent to us and translated as part of the jobs, but they are not showing up on the translated page.

Can you assist here please.

Thanks,
Anthony.

April 17, 2019 at 3:33 am #3627003

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please let me know which translation service is currently being used?

We received and translated again from our TM and I believe this time she received all the files translated

Let me know how it went.

however, on some pages there is content in Custom Fields that is not showing up on the translated pages. I checked the strings and these were sent to us and translated as part of the jobs, but they are not showing up on the translated page.

Is it possible for you to add a few screenshots showing the fields that are not translated?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 17, 2019 at 11:37 am #3630253

chrisC-37

We are using the Wordbee Beebox Translation Service. All files were received correctly this time except for the custom files are not displaying. The text was sent out as part of the other pages, as I can see the text translated in our platform. So we just need to know what options or check boxes we need to click to make sure these custom fields are loaded correctly. They are currently missing from the page. I'll try to get screen shots from the client in the mean time.

April 18, 2019 at 6:16 am #3636309

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please check once if the fields that are displayed there are marked as "Translate" once it's marked as translate the fields should be translated while the translation is received.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

April 18, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3640059

chrisC-37

Ok, I think they were marked as translatable but I'm checking with Client and will report back. By the way, how do I mark messages as private? Can you mark the Screen shot messages above as private for me. Thanks.

April 18, 2019 at 3:46 pm #3640485

chrisC-37

Hi Shekhar,

See screenshot where client has marked the custom field as translatable. We received the text through Beebox and it was successfully translated with the rest of the pages. But its not showing up on the Client's site, not even the English. The custom field text is just missing.

April 18, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3640839

chrisC-37

Also we tried the option to Copy Once, and viewed the Chinese page hoping to see the English text from the custom fiends and still the custom field text was missing.

April 19, 2019 at 4:53 am #3643641

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the information, I have made the screenshots reply private.

To debug this issue further, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues need some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Thanks

April 23, 2019 at 5:54 am #3659699

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I just noticed that you are using an outdated version of WPML plugin on your site. Since we add fixes and improvements as an update, it's quite important to update the plugin to the latest version before debugging/checking the issue.

Being so, may I kindly ask you to update the plugin to the latest version, also it would be nice if you can check the problem with the latest version and share us the results.

BACKUP NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Also could you please provide me a link to the page where the custom field exists?

Thanks

April 26, 2019 at 6:17 pm #3692797

chrisC-37

Hi Shekhar,

The Client has updated the WPML plugins. Can you check the issue now again with the custom forms for Chinese as that is the language we are currently testing.

Cheers,
Anthony.

April 29, 2019 at 8:28 am #3701071

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you check the issue now again with the custom forms for Chinese as that is the language we are currently testing?

I am unable to understand this, is custom forms a page? Could you please provide a page link?

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 7:59 am #3708915

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

You are using ACF content on the page, so it's recommended to use the translation editor to translate the content.

I can see that the ACF fields user interface are not translated as a reason it's hard to translate the content on the Chinese language. Could you please translate it once and let me know if this helps: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-acf-user-interface

Could you please provide me permission to perform the below steps?

- Enabling Translation editor
- Creating a new page
- Adding some custom content
- Sending an XLIFF file for translation
- Importing it back.

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 9:46 am #3710175

chrisC-37

Hi Shekhar,

The client is adding the files to the basket and sending them through Translation Services to our Beebox Server. Will they still be able to do this. This is important.

Anyway, if you need to perform that test by doing those steps then please go ahead.

Thanks,
Anthony.

April 30, 2019 at 10:22 am #3710321

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The client is adding the files to the basket and sending them through Translation Services to our Beebox Server. Will they still be able to do this. This is important.

Yes, using the translation editor makes it easier to translate content and they can use any translation services with this editor too.

Further, I performed the below steps on your site and I can see it's working, so could you please follow the same pattern once and see if this helps:

- Created a local translator account for WPML support (This is not required for you to perform, once the issue is solved you can remove this account.)

- Enabled Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual, this is a required plugin if you are using ACF + WPML on the site.

- Added the "Promo Power™: Promotion Forecasting & Allocation" Page to be translated to Spanish and send it to the local WPML translator

- Downloaded the xliff and translated and re-uploaded, it works perfectly.

I haven't deleted the Spanish translation yet from the site to show you how it looks, so you can remove it once the problem is solved.

WordBee + WPML Documenation:
https://wpml.org/translation-service/wordbee-beebox/

ACF + WPML Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Translating contents Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar