This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
February 3, 2019 at 11:03 pm #3155927

sebastyenD

I am trying to: set the plugin to translate my french website in english

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: not reachable from external but I can put this online

I expected to see: The choice to switch from french to english. Now it's showing only french and I can't change the language either from Main menu and footer menu

Instead, I got: Just the french option

February 4, 2019 at 10:04 pm #3159513

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sebastyen,

Before having a look at the actual website, let's check a few things. First, can you go to any page where you have this issue, edit the translation and make sure that the Translation is complete boxes are all checked until the score at the bottom of the page is 100% (full green), please?

Also, please go to Dashboard → WPML → Languages → Hide languages and make sure that the English language is not hidden. This might be causing the issue described by you too.

Please let me know how things work after you checked this out.

February 7, 2019 at 12:37 am #3167973

sebastyenD

I respond to the email but it doesn't look like it went through here.

I don't know where to find what you are talking about the translation boxes being 100% green

The English box is not checked in Hide Languages

February 7, 2019 at 7:54 am #3168752

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sebastyen,

Is there any chance that you could put the website online (maybe on a staging location) so I can have a look at the settings and see why is the language switcher is not working as expected, please? Just give me access to the dashboard area and I'll check things out.

February 8, 2019 at 12:56 am #3172689

sebastyenD

What do you need as an access ? Read only ?

February 8, 2019 at 7:20 am #3173499

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sebastyen,

Administrator right would be great. This way I'll have access to all the settings and be able to check everything to find out why is the flag not showing.

February 8, 2019 at 3:02 pm #3175861

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sebastyen,

I just checked your website and I could see that you have no translation for your pages. For example, if you go here: hidden link all the pages are available for the French language. If you change the language from the top of the page to English, there's no page available. This means that you don't have any translation.

Can you create a translation for one of your pages and see if the flag from the main menu show the English one too this time? You can find some more info about this right here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

Please give this a try and tell me how things work this time.

February 8, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3176907

sebastyenD

Ok I translated a couple of pages and now I see the menu to switch languages (even though when I choose english, all of my pages are hidden beside home slider, menus still in french).

Is WPML suppose to be able to translate what is in Slider Revolution which is the slider at the top of my site ?

February 11, 2019 at 8:18 am #3181259

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sebastyen,

Regarding the question about Slider Revolution, please open a separate ticket with that. We're trying to keep just one topic on each ticket so other users that might have the same problem can easily find the solution.

The topic ‘[Closed] Only one language showing up in the menu’ is closed to new replies.