Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 1:12 pm #3776331

anneliW-2

Why is only the original language (Swedish) and its flag show on the site and not also English that is installed at languages?

hidden link

May 9, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3777727

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see in the debugging information that you shared with me, the 2 languages (Swedish and EN) are already added and set up in WPML correctly.

Can you please let me know if you translated the homepage already? The reason why you are seeing only one flag at the top might be simply because that is the only language that you have translated the homepage in for the moment.

Once you start to translate it in more languages, you will see that more flags will appear at the top.

Here is some very helpful documentation that will help you with the translation process:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

Please let me know how that goes and if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 9, 2019 at 7:48 pm #3779133

anneliW-2

Thanks now I see BUT another problem. I have translated all the cathegories to English that I have on right side bar, BUT it does not show on site when I choose English. Whats the point of being able to translate all the posts but not the cathegories that shows the posts? Now the site is a mix of the originally language and the translated one. I do not want it like that.

May 10, 2019 at 10:12 am #3783127

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I am happy to hear that the initial request has been sorted out. 🙂

From my understanding, there is also a different issue happening.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you to please mark this ticket as resolved and open a new ticket for the additional issue?

Also, it would be very helpful if in the new ticket that you will create you could provide more information like the exact steps you took to make the issue take place, screenshots, and links.

This will help us in our debugging process.

Kind regards,

Mihai