This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by clemensS-4 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm

clemensS-4

Hi team,

I have translated a number of products, but for some reason the main product image is not coming across to the translated version. The (additional) product gallery images are there and interestingly so is the product thumbnail in the cart. The image is also not missing as such, it's literally linked to "/plugins/woocommerce/assets/images/placeholder.png".

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I have used the Media Translation plugin, ticked all the boxes and clicked "Apply" and "Start" a few times, but after the ~1500 images have been processed, there's no improvement or fix. I have also cleared and purged the cache multiple times, unfortunately to no avail.

Any questions, please let me know!

Cheers
Clemens

September 28, 2018 at 12:51 am #2772043

clemensS-4

Hi guys,

I just found an older ticket (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shop-page-not-showing-product-pictures-in-translated-languages/) suggesting to sync products variables in the Troubleshooting menu – which I have just done, but unfortunately to no avail.

Cheers
Clemens

September 28, 2018 at 2:23 am #2772228

clemensS-4

My issue is resolved now. I initially didn't install the Media Translation plugin as I was going to use the same image for each language. I have now installed the plugin and images are available for all translated products!