Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 10:29 am #4142323

jasminR-3

Hi,

our LSP just tried to translate an article of our knowledge base and encountered a few problems, maybe you could help.

When adding the files to the translation basket the correct word count is shown (see screenshot one), but when exporting a xliff-file or opening it in the translation editor only the headlines of the article are displayed (see screenshot two).

We already updated the WPML Version and tried a recommended workaround from your site (mark file as 100% translated, adding an extra blank space and update the article, reopening the editor), but without success.

Would you please have a look into this issue?

Thank you!

July 4, 2019 at 10:59 am #4142539

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me how are you creating these translations? Are you using "Heroic Blocks" perhaps to create page/post content? The thing is that what you see in the image you provided - translation editor screenshots - this is what XLIFF file will contain, so from that perspective, you translation service provider in fact received the "correct" translation data. Therefore, we need to see why your content has not been picked up by translation and and hence not exported through XLIFF files. Is this how you're creating content?

hidden link

I wasn't able to find a single ticket in our archives related to "Heroic Blocks" and personally I'm not familiar with.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 10, 2019 at 7:16 am #4176523

jasminR-3

Hi Bruno,

Yes, we do use Heroic Blocks for creating certain page content. This nevertheless didn't cause a problem before, translation worked just fine.

Do you have any tips how we could fix this?

Thank you!

July 10, 2019 at 7:52 am #4177013

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

I would like check inside to see if these fields are even registered for translations. Can you tell me if you made theme or a plugin updates recently? Because usually there are some XML configuration rules either in the theme or a WPML settings where you can register all the fields that need to be translated (usually page builder elements) and it is possible that these rules may have gotten deleted somehow.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Only the headlines of the article are displayed when exporting a xliff-file’ is closed to new replies.