This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 24, 2019 at 10:23 am #4273077

jasminR-3

Hi,

Please see my conversation with Bruno here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/only-the-headlines-of-the-article-are-displayed-when-exporting-a-xliff-file/

The thread has been closed - I'm ready with the backup and would like to provide temporary admin access. Please let me know where I can do so. Thank you!

July 24, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4274429

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 25, 2019 at 6:33 am #4279551

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

So this would be one of the examples, correct?
hidden link

From what I see, all these are a regular Gutenberg blocks that are compatible with WPML and should appear in translation editor without any specific setting.

Therefore, I am assuming that this could be compatibility issue with the theme - specifically how "ht_kb" post type (knowledgebase) have been registered.

Can you tell me if this post type is registered directly within the theme? I do not see that you are using plugins such as Toolset Types.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 25, 2019 at 9:38 am #4281397

jasminR-3

Hi Bruno,

These are the two particular articles we had a problem with:

hidden link
and
hidden link

Do you still think it's a compatibility issue?

July 25, 2019 at 11:37 am #4282581

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Are these the only articles that are affected? I have tried every imaginable thing there is - I've re-created those packages, translations, try translating in the string translation, tried troubleshooting functions, to no avail.

If you try to create a new article with the same content, does it happen then? Can you try that and if it works, did you consider removing the currently affected articles and re-creating them anew?

Because at this point, I see no other options. If the above is not a solution for you, I will need to escalate this to our 2nd tier support for further debugging.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am #4288319

jasminR-3

Hi Bruno,

These are the two articles the translation agency tried to export. What's weird is that these articles are part of an on-boarding quick guide - the first 3 articles of the quick guide could be exported without any issues. Then this problem randomly appeared when trying to export 4 & 5.

The only thing I noticed is a broken heroic block in Article 5 (see screenshot attached): hidden link

I'll check with the translation agency if recreating the articles would be an option and will get back to you about how we'll proceed.

Thank you!

July 26, 2019 at 9:13 am #4288599

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'll check with the translation agency if recreating the articles would be an option and will get back to you about how we'll proceed.

Sounds like a plan. However, if this doesn't work (if the agency doesn't agree), can you do the following? Install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

I will escalate this case to our second tier for further debugging, because I see no other options or solutions we can try at this point.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 2, 2019 at 10:54 am #4329153

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the package. May I ask you one last thing:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 12bDDsI96snQ

Please install this theme (KnowAll) and set WPML languages (wizard only) as it is on your site. Please create 1-2 articles and will see if the content shows up or not, use some demo content and create them in the same way as on your site. We will not be using translation services, but standard translation editor only (it makes no difference for debugging).

It may be a compatibility issue after all, if not working for new articles either.

The theme itself is in our list:
https://wpml.org/theme/knowall/

However, it has been tested almost 3 years ago.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 5, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4340527

jasminR-3

Hi Bruno,

I followed your instructions and created 2 articles:
1) It was exported by the translation agency without any problem before
2) The second article couldn't be exported, only the title

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Anita

August 5, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4341235

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Jasmin,

I am taking over your ticket as Bruno is sadly not available today.

After revising the created test site I can not follow or recreate the issue. Brono created the following site:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 12bDDsI96snQ

I found there two identical articles that are duplicated and both appearing in German. Bruno was deducing that we might handle with a compatiblitz issue which for I created a new article, set the post type articles to translatable and activated the WPML Translation Editor for the articles post type. My test article was translated correctly.

Do I understand right that the issue onlz occurs when using a Translation service?

Could you please give me detailed steps to recreate the issue and if possible provide access again in order for to have a better picture of the issue?

Your next message is set to private in order to provide new credentials.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 7:48 am #4344771

jasminR-3

Hi Andreas,

We work with an external translation agency. They had no problem exporting the text before, the problem appeared a few weeks ago with these two articles:

1) hidden link
2) hidden link

I set up a temporary admin for you: hidden link

Bruno could reproduce the issue on our own WP site with the same articles. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,

Anita

August 6, 2019 at 10:17 pm #4350671

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I understood the issue. It is a kind of weird behavior but it is not related to the Translation Management. In fact, when trying to translate the 4th or 5th part of the guide with the WPML Translation Editor there will not be any further option than translating the title while when translating for example the 1st part of the guide all strings are showing up for translation.

This issue might be related to a PHP setting which is called MaxInputVars. I would like you to try to afjust the setting. If this will not solve the issue I will escalate to our second tier support for further investigation.

In order to change the value for MaxInputVars check for the php.ini file on your server. Open the file with a text editor of your choice and edit the value for maxInputVars to an amount of 5000. You are currently using 1000.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Only the headlines of the article are displayed when exporting a xliff-’ is closed to new replies.