This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 10, 2019 at 11:32 am #4375131

joelR-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Assure our contractors in India don't run out of words for automatic translation.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

We are having a group in India go through our site and make an initial pass at automatic translation. There are over 200 projects, people, and news items they will be translating into Portuguese, Danish and Chinese. How do I make sure they don't run out of words while they are working on this?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 7:35 am #4378887

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if this answers your question?
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/merging-and-removing-websites-from-your-advanced-translation-editor-account/#how-to-share-purchased-words-on-multiple-websites

You can see the pricing here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/automatic-translation-pricing/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4382947

joelR-9

I do not see this link for 'Advanced Translator Editor Settings' in my Settings.

I also think a bit more context may help with this. We have a group in India that are going through the site and doing the machine translation to each of our languages (Portuguese, Chinese and Danish). The idea is that they will do this for all the content, and then we'll have our marketing folks in those offices edit the automatic translations to finalize them.

This group in India is doing this work over the weekend on the staging version of our website. (We copy the site to staging Friday night and then copy the India team's work is completed on Monday morning EDT in the US. This group was able to get through about 3 hours of work before hitting the limit of purchased words and having to stop. We would like them to be able to complete their work without having us to purchase more words in the middle of their process.

August 13, 2019 at 6:46 am #4385365

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I do not see this link for 'Advanced Translator Editor Settings' in my Settings.

Let me focus on this one first, because we definitely needed and I'm not sure why it isn't showing up. What happens when you try doing any of the following:
- Switch to classic editor and then switch back to ATE ( so this option)
- try clicking "Synchronize translators..."

Also, can you provide debug information so I could get a better view of your current setup? I have enabled debug information for this ticket and this is how you can easily provide this info:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 13, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4387839

joelR-9

Ok I got the link to the Advanced Editor Settings to show up. It looks like this still shows the ownership of my site as our developer rather than us. Do I use the migration code to change this?

Is there a time that I can talk to you? If not or if it's easy, send me instructions on how we can migrate the site to hidden link, which is where it actually resides now. The hidden link URL that you see in the screenshot was the development server used by our contractors. We also have the url hidden link where we often work on major changes to the site and then copy that site to production (hidden link) using WPEngine's copy site function. Hoping that we should be able to resolve this fairly easily.

August 13, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4388033

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Do I use the migration code to change this?

Which code are you referring to? You can work freely on your site and once done, migrate the site to your live domain.

I think that it will help you to know that ATE ties sites based on site ID and not the URL.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 13, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4388043

joelR-9

Hey Bruno

I was referring to getting our site into that list of URLs on this page -hidden link.

Joel

August 14, 2019 at 5:33 am #4392471

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Joel,

I've asked senior supporters about this and they said that it doesn't matter which URL is there, and also it does not matter when you migrate websites that were translated using either ATE or perhaps external translation services. However, url within ATE is stored within ATE database and is set upon ATE activation of the site, but it does not matter since website is connected through specific ATE:ID value which is stored within database and does not change, no matter if you move the site between domains.

You can simply move the site either through staging option ( if your host allows it) or plug-in like Duplicator:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 14, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4395993

joelR-9

Thanks Bruno. I think that is clear. Can you help with my original issue? How can we be assured that our offshore workers in India can work through the initial automatic translations to all of our content without being stopped by the need to purchase more words. BTW we are a WPML Multilingual Agency. I had thought that that allowed us to avoid purchasing words like this. I'm probably mistaken. But I'd love to know that we can translate all of our remaining content without hitting this stop to purchase words. Here's what's left to do -- again, we are just using the automatic translation feature to save the initial machine translation of this content.

Chinese	Danish	Portugues
Projects     125	        126	        127
People       266	        266	        266
News         152	        152	        152
August 15, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4402283

joelR-9

Anyway to purchase enough words to get our contractors through this process of providing the initial automatic translation of our content? We would like to schedule this for next weekend Aug 24-25, but we need some assurance that we can get through the work without my having having to stop to purchase additional words. Thanks!

August 16, 2019 at 6:08 am #4404801

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

but we need some assurance that we can get through the work without my having having to stop to purchase additional words.

We don't have unlimited option (like use words and pay later), but you can purchase custom amount of words.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/automatic-translation-pricing/#custom-word-package

Does it help? You can find out how much words approximately you will need:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/getting-a-word-count-of-your-wordpress-site/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 21, 2019 at 6:37 pm #4434699

joelR-9

Hey Bruno

I followed the links you sent about estimating your word need for automatic translation. I believe that we will need app. 600K words to complete the translation of our site content over the coming weekend. Let me know if you help me purchase that custom amount of words. Thanks!

August 22, 2019 at 5:53 am #4436485

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The system will calculate and show you the cost on-the-fly. Please note that the more words you buy, the better the price will be.

According to this, that number of words will cost $161.70. I believe this includes discount, since Publisher costs 49.99$, has 150000 words (with this Limited time offer) so the discount would be around 40$ (4*150000).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Open purchase of additional words for automatic translation’ is closed to new replies.