This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a 2-language site. All works o.k., but today i have tried to save second language post. And it is saving too long and result to 504 error page.

Solution: I just applied the troubleshooting steps highlighted in the attached image that appear in WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 11:55 am

Vadim Khomakha

I have a 2-language site. All works o.k., but today i have tried to save second language post.
And it is saving too long and result to 504 error page.

Page address, where it happened
hidden link

In server log file I see
2019/08/27 14:11:26 [error] 1822#1822: *215 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.0.86.165, server: dau.org.ua, request: "POST /xmlrpc.php?for=jetpack HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link:", host: "dau.org.ua", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/27 14:13:00 [error] 1822#1822: *187 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 94.244.57.9, server: dau.org.ua, request: "POST /wp-admin/post.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: "dau.org.ua", referrer: "hidden link"

Posts in Russian and all the other posts in Ukrainian I try work well.
I tried to disable all other plugins except wpml with the same result. But if disable *only* wpml plugins all works like a charm.

You can reproduce the issue by editing the topmost post in Ukrainian.
All server logs are in /var/log/nginx/dau_error.log with warn level of logging. access.log is in the same place.
I provide su credentials for you so you could change any info in the site. The only request is write to me if you change any of the system files.

August 27, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4466413

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I applied some troubleshooting steps in WPML and everything seems to be working correctly. If the issue persists on your side I kindly ask you to describe step by step how to reproduce it in a specific post.

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4466437

Vadim Khomakha

Hi,
thanks a lot for your fast reply.
But I need an information what changes you did. Because I have two more sites to go in a week or two.

August 27, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4466457

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I just applied the troubleshooting steps highlighted in the attached image that appear in WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link.

Regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4466729

Vadim Khomakha

The problem is solved.

August 27, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4467245

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos