This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author Posts
July 15, 2014 at 2:00 am #436096

Pieter

On all sites to measure page loading speed the images of the flags pop up as not having their dimensions (18x12) set nor are they optimized for size.

The latter is easy to fix: optimise them yourself and upload them separately (to the uploads/flags folder), but to add the dimensions is not possible without hacking the core plugin files (as far as I think).

It therefore would be good to add this in the future.

Please let me know if you need a further explanation.

Thanks,
Piet

July 15, 2014 at 2:16 am #436099

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

WPML customer support service operates 18 hours per day, Monday to Friday.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 6 hours from now.

Thank you for your understanding,

WPML support team,
By OnTheGo System

July 15, 2014 at 7:35 am #436206

Minesh
Supporter

Hello mardigH,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!!

Yes, you are right. Following is the basic method for it, and the hack you discussed is also a right point, I will discuss this issue with our development team and ask them and if there is any feasible solution they will integrate that in our next release.

To change your language flag, you need to follow next steps.
=> Login to your Admin Panel
=> Go to WPML => Languages
=> At "Site Languages" section, click on "Edit Languages" link. Clicking the link should redirect you to "Edit Languages" page.
=> At Flags column, click on the upload flag option to upload your new flag for your respective language
=> Click on save button.

Thanks,
Minesh
OnTheGoSystems – Support Department

July 15, 2014 at 8:10 am #436230

Pieter

Thanks Minesh, I know how to change the flag image, but it'd be good to know for others that want to optimise the images themselves and/or use different images altogether.

Hopefully the dimensions can be added in an upcoming version, cannot be too hard to add I think, might even write a patch for it myself 😉

Cheers,
Piet (not mardigH...)