This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by irene 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit.

Author Posts
July 18, 2013 at 10:36 am #146206

irene

Hi, i have installed a third party plugin that creates custom order statuses and it doesn't seem to work properly due to a conflict with the WPML plugin. When i deactivate the WPML it works fine, but when i activate it back it doesn't work.

So basically what i do is: I create custom order statuses and they show up in a list for each order to select a status, so the orders can go from pending to refunded with the appropriate emails follow up to the client etc.

When the WPML plugin is enabled, i cannot have access to the order statuses list.. It doesn't even show up..!

Could you please help with that?

Thank you!

July 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm #146243

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Irene,

Lets see what we can here...

1) Are you using Woocommerce?
If so, have you also installed plugin "Woocommerce-Multilingual" 2.3.2 ?

2) What is the name of the plugin?

3) Under "WPML > Translation-Management > Multilingual Lanaguage Setup", do you see anything saying "order status" ?

Thanks!

July 18, 2013 at 12:10 pm #146245

irene

Hi Andreas,

1) Yes i am using woocommerce and yes i have installed "Woocommerce-Multilingual" 2.3.2

2) The name of the plugin is: woocommerce-order-status-manager (by ignitewoo)

3) em.. no i don't really see anything like it...

i am not sure what is causing all this..

thanks for your reply!

July 19, 2013 at 8:59 am #146552

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Irene,

Thanks a lot!

Would you mind providing me with credentials for your website and I have a closer look at the settings? I will sent you an email with more details in a minute.
I just would like to run a test and then also involve if possible another developer in our team. Thanks!

July 22, 2013 at 12:10 pm #147296

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Irene,

Just to keep you updated..
Thanks for the credentials and we are checking now more in depth..

July 23, 2013 at 11:42 am #147825

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Irene,

Hope the question is not too silly.
You mention in your first post "I create custom order statuses" - Where exactly can you create them?

July 23, 2013 at 7:07 pm #147986

irene

🙂 Hi andreas! No it's not silly!

You find it under WooCommerce -> Settings -> Integration -> Custom Status Manger

There is a list with the default and custom statuses. The problem is that even though i have created custom order statuses, i can only see the defaults. If u deactivate wpml, then u can see all of them.

Thanks again!

July 23, 2013 at 7:08 pm #147987

irene

Also, in greek you cannot even see the defaults so you have to switch to english!

July 25, 2013 at 6:26 am #148491

Amit
Supporter

Hi Irene,

This is Amit here, I'll be stepping in for Andreas, hope you don't mind.

I am running some tests here to reproduce the problem, can you meanwhile see please if you can find a wpml-config.xml file in the woocommerce-order-status-manager folder ? If you do please paste it here (using the code tags please).

Thanks!

July 25, 2013 at 8:18 am #148544

irene

Hi Amit my pleasure,

I cannot find this file you are looking for... The only file i can see inside the plugin folder is woocommerce-custom-status-manager.php

Do you want me to send it to you?

July 25, 2013 at 8:28 am #148547

Amit
Supporter

Hi Irene,

OK I could reproduce the problem here.

This is a compatibility problem - the plugin author have not created a wpml-config and have not made hie plugin compatible with WPML, the only thing I can really do from here is to assign that to our plugin compatibility team and let them contact the author. btw you I did notice that the db for the Order Status plugin is there, and you can see it when disabling WPML, so, although not very comfortable, you can still kind of use it for sending the users notifications.

To proceed with the compatibility task I'll need the plugin's author name & email please, then we'll contact him and when this is sorted ww'll let you know.

Cheers!

July 25, 2013 at 8:33 am #148551

irene

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your help. The thing is that the plugin author refuses to reply to my emails and i have sent them quite a few.. So i was hoping you could help me sort it out. Is it sth that i can do by myself to fix this?? Because waiting for them to answer would take ages

But how can i use it to send these emails? No options appear when WPML is activated.. Is there another way to do this?

This is the author's website: hidden link
I have used the contact form to contact them

July 25, 2013 at 9:24 am #148575

Amit
Supporter

Irene,
yes - you are right, WPML activated no way to have the woocommerce-order-status-manager working, I just was saying that the db is there for the woocommerce-order-status-manager so the info is there.

I know it's a bummer but we need to close the ticket and pass this information on to our developers, I hope that they will be able to contact the plugin's author for cooperation. We'll save your contact information and will send you a message when the extension is compatible, I can't promise a date, but I can tell you WooCommerce compatibility is on high priority here.

If you do want to try and hack that please start by looking here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/achieving-wpml-compatibility-for-your-themes-and-plugins/

Thanks!

July 25, 2013 at 9:33 am #148579

irene

Ok, i will check that link you've sent me.

Please make sure that this ticket doesn't get lost and that your developers get this message. Because the last time they closed the ticket here i never heard of them again.. So please make sure that this time they will look into it!!

Thank you for your help!

The topic ‘[Closed] order custom status error’ is closed to new replies.