This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.91 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 9, 2019 at 12:20 pm #3566709

kirilsK

I am trying to: translate Order fully refunded + Payment method (Pārskaitījums)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: them both translated

Instead, I got: nothing

April 9, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3567173

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you please answer the following:
- are you able to find these strings within String translation and translate them there?
-- WPML -> String translation
- how are you adding these fields - do they come by default with your theme or are these added through some plugin such as checkout fields or perhaps custom theme code?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 9, 2019 at 2:38 pm #3568209

kirilsK

Yes, I'm able to find them in String translation. Both of this strings are from Woocommerce.

April 9, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3568817

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Both of this strings are from Woocommerce.

I see - and both of these are translated within String Translation properly, yet the translation doesn't show up properly on the frontend?

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 10, 2019 at 8:45 am #3573597

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please check my private message from APRIL 10, 2019 AT 8:40 AM (sometimes clients missed these private messages, hence my message).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 10, 2019 at 11:46 am #3575561

kirilsK

Hello. I have recreated the problem on sandbox. It seems that problem is not in server. Also I have installed only the required plugins by the theme. I have translated marked with red strings, but they still stay the same.

April 10, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3575943

kirilsK

Also in added note email, Price doesnt translate to Latvian language. But does translate to Russian.

April 10, 2019 at 12:33 pm #3576159

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, I can see all of these - I've tested something and some translate and some don't.
hidden link

In order to send all of the strings to our Compatibility team for further inspection, can you point out all of these that you need translated so that they can examine them all in one take?

Do it like this:
- Domain - Name (if available) - String
- URL

So for example:
woocommerce - bacs_gateway_title - Direct bank transfer
hidden link

I've taken all of this directly from WPML -> String translation.

That would help us to know exactly where are these strings located.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 10, 2019 at 1:41 pm #3576807

kirilsK

This are the ones that are not translatable:

1. woocommerce - none - Order fully refunded
hidden link

2. woocommerce - none - Direct bank transfer
hidden link

Talking about other two which I've mentioned before (In Checkout), I've managed to translate them in sandbox, but not on my website.

April 10, 2019 at 3:27 pm #3577947

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 12, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3599849

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have some info from our 2nd tier:

"""""""""""""""""""""""
I translated the values of that string in ST and visited my newly refunded order: hidden link

For old orders - the translation is not possible as the value is obtained from the database during the refund time - at which time it was probably not translated.
""""""""""""""""""""""

Does it help? Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 12, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3599895

kirilsK

Thank you yes it did help. can you please also take a look. I dont know why but my shipping method at checkout doesn't translate.

April 12, 2019 at 3:34 pm #3600255

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I dont know why but my shipping method at checkout doesn't translate.

Is this not working on your site, or on our sandbox site? Does it happen with either theme (yours and default) on our sandbox, also with new orders?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 15, 2019 at 11:35 am #3613117

kirilsK

In sandbox it does translate. On my website unfortunately it doesn't.

April 15, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3613877

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

How about caching systems or trying minimal setup on your server (so the same plugin/site setup)? Or perhaps creating a subdomain on your site and cloning the site there (in case you don't want to try this on the production site).

The only difference between sandbox is that it doesn't have any caching system available.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Order fully refunded + Payment method doesn't translate’ is closed to new replies.