Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 22, 2020 at 6:47 am #5338037

rolandd-5

the string is translated, but not applied on the completed order email the customer receives

January 22, 2020 at 11:53 am #5340353

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello @rolandd-5, I had a detailed look in to the issue i am not sure why the sting is stuck, Its still going in circles, The only feasible option i can see is to manually remove the string from the database table icl_strings . Let me know if you can handle that or provider me permission to install database plugin so that i can fix this for you.

Kind regards
Raja

January 22, 2020 at 2:40 pm #5341915

rolandd-5

Hi Raja,

I've deleted the string in the database, but that didn't help either.

I now put back my backup from this morning. After update WooCommerce, a plugin wasn't working anymore (Country based payments).
This is an essential plugin for us.

January 23, 2020 at 9:31 am #5346845

rolandd-5

Hi Raja,

I'm migration a different shop which has the exact same issue. This means that we cannot change the language in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Emails -> Customer completed email.

This site is smaller with less plugins. So I think easier to debug.

I hope that's OK with you.

Then you still need to login to the site. maybe you can create an admin user in the database?
Otherwise you have to give me the option to send the login credentials in private.

January 23, 2020 at 9:31 am #5346847

rolandd-5

Hi Raja,

Site is Migrated

January 24, 2020 at 5:59 pm #5358761

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks for your patience, I can see whats happening here,
- In your User profile i see that your language preference is set as Netherlands, Which is causing the issue and reverting the string back to dutch in most cases.

What fixed the case in for me in the cloned site and your staging site is .
- Delete the strings under the domain "admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings" from WPML >String translation table

- Goto Users > Your profile , Temporarily change the language to English ( I know this might sound odd)

- Goto WooCommerce > Settings > Emails > Completed orders,

- Select the language as English and Add the title and subject, Save

- Open the strings in WPML > String translation table , Complete the translation.

- Check with a test order

This works for me.

However i can sense this is not a perfect solution this work even with any language selected by the user. I am trying to isolate the issue in a clean environment if i can reproduce i will escalate it to the developers. In the mean while please use this as a workaround, let me know if that helps in the live site.

Kind regards
Raja

January 25, 2020 at 12:53 pm #5361477

rolandd-5

Hi Raja,

I did your solution step-by-step.
The Completed order email is now in language English. Still not correct as the language should be Dutch (made an order in language Dutch)

January 27, 2020 at 1:52 pm #5370257

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks for trying out the steps, I was able to reproduce the issue in a new installation. The issue is a compatibility issue with the plugin "WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips" The issue has been already reported to our compatibility team. I will update to as soon as i hear from the compatibility developers.

Kind regards
Raja

August 4, 2020 at 5:56 am #6730837

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

We are clearing the old tickets that are marked as escalated and are already fixed in one of our earlier updates or updates by the theme or plugin or that are not valid anymore,

Please update the plugin to the latest version to check if the issue still persist.

I am closing here, If there is any further issue please feel free to open a new ticket.