This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4598047

alunW

I am trying to translate a custom post type which has a number of custom fields.

However, the order of the fields on the translate page does not match the order on the main edit page.

September 19, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4604635

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You wrote: "the order of the fields on the translate page does not match the order on the main edit page."

From your description and the screenshots, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Is the order not the same only on the backend or also on the frontend?

If it is on the frontend can you please send me a link to where I can see the issue?

If the issue is only on the backend, can you please elaborate on why this is making it hard for you to translate the fields?

Also please let me know if those fields are ACF fields or other custom fields.

Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4607637

alunW

It is a back end only issue, but the editors are having trouble putting in the translations (for a language they don't speak) when the translate page is in a different order to the main edit page.

What may help is if you explained the logic behind the order on the translate page? They don't look like they are in alphabetical order

September 22, 2019 at 11:50 am #4618315

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm not sure about the answer to this issue. Therefore I'm consulting our second tier supporters about it. When I have an answer I'll reply here. But meanwhile could you please confirm that those are ACF fields that we talking about?

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 23, 2019 at 11:19 am #4622927

Itamar
Supporter

Hi again.

Update.
We are waiting for an answer regarding this issue from one of our senior developers.
I'll keep you updated here.

Thank you for your patience.

September 23, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4624369

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I still don't have a definite answer for you. When I check things on my test site the order of the fields in WPML's Translation Editor is the same as on the original post. At this point, I would like to hceck things on your site to understand the issue better.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

September 25, 2019 at 11:57 am #4638451

alunW

The custom fields are not ACF fields, they are set up in a custom plugin. The only thing I want to know now is on the translate page, what order are the custom fields displayed, it doesn't seem to have a logical order from what I can see.

September 25, 2019 at 4:18 pm #4641079

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry, but I have no definite answer for you regarding this issue.

One of our developers writes to me the following.
I can guess the order is based on what SQL statement like “get all fields related to given post” returns, so this probably is ordered by post_meta id (or more precise, the order that fields has been added to database, but SQL documentation says it is not guaranteed).
From what I see on my test site the order is indeed the order that I've added the fields. But I tried it with ACF and, of course, not with your custom plugin.

I hope that this information helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Order of custom fields on the translate page’ is closed to new replies.