This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Orders not showing in different languages

Solution:The Woocommerce multilingual configuration settings have been changed causing this issue on your site.

go to WPML->Settings->Post Type Translation-> Products (product) and set it to "Translatable - only show translated items"

then go to WPML->Settings->Post Type Translation-> Orders (shop_order) -> set it to "Not Translatable"

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vesselin Genadiev 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 4:07 pm #4316323

Vesselin Genadiev

Hello, I have the following problem. I have a new WPML installation and I have noticed that once a customer makes an order via WooCommernce that order is seen in his orders list only when he is at the corresponding language under which he did the order. If the user changes the language of the site after the order is done he doesn't see it in the other language orders lists.

Any ideas how to fix that?

By the way, I was using before qTranslate for the multilingual functionality of the site and there it was working as I expected - the customer was seen all his order no matter in which language he did it and in which language of the site he is checking it after that.

Attached are two files. In Capture01 you see the orders list in English and there are only two orders. In Capture02 you see the same list in Bulgarian and there are already 4 orders, because the last 2 were done by the customer while he was using the site in Bulgarian language.

July 31, 2019 at 9:22 pm #4317691

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Please verify that your products are translated in both languages (if the translation does not exist the products will not be synchronized between languages)

review the following documentation and let me know your results please

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/clearing-cart-contents-when-language-or-currency-change/

August 1, 2019 at 6:39 am #4319043

Vesselin Genadiev

Hello,

here some more info.

- first, all my products are in both the languages, so this is not the cause for sure
- second, I have verified how the Cart is dealing with both the languages of the site and it works fine. Once a product is in the cart, but not bought yet, then if I switch between languages, the cart still holds the product, just showing it in the corresponding language.
- third - I verified the link with the instructions, it is all set on my side properly
- forth and most interesting - I did some more tests and I found something very interesting. If I make the order in English, then once finished the order is shown in My Orders list no matter in what language I switch. If I make the order in Bulgarian, then the order is show in My Orders list only when the site is in Bulgrian, if I switch to English, then this order is not seen in My Orders list.

Any ideas what is causing this behaviour?

Thanks,
Vesselin

August 1, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4324599

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Vesselin,

i made a few tests on my local environment and i was not able to reproduce the issue even with a product that was not translated in all languages in my order page i was able to see it as expected.

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

August 2, 2019 at 8:12 pm #4332485

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the testing environment

I believe i have found the route cause of the issue.

NOTE : In the process i had to deactivate the plugins and when i went to re activate them i got an error 500 on the testing site.

but on your live site please do the following and let me know your results :

The Woocommerce multilingual configuration settings have been changed causing this issue on your site.

go to WPML->Settings->Post Type Translation-> Products (product) and set it to "Translatable - only show translated items"

then go to WPML->Settings->Post Type Translation-> Orders (shop_order) -> set it to "Not Translatable"

let me know your results please , this resolved the issue on the staging environment

both of these options are by default greyed out and should not be changed.

August 5, 2019 at 8:52 am #4339121

Vesselin Genadiev

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!