This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 1:37 am #3870111

marioK-17

Hello there,

I am using Orfeo Theme at my website.

In the homepage I have an area which is called "Großüberschrift-Abschnitt". The text in there is "Was ist das Wichtigste im Leben?" and "Liebe, Gesundheit, Freiheit und Zeit". Somehow I can't translate this area. I can change the text through theme customizer, but there seems no way to get it translated over your tool.

Do you maybe have any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mario Kausche

May 23, 2019 at 1:47 am #3870117

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts. Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 23, 2019 at 1:52 am #3870119

marioK-17

Am I right, that I need CMS instead of Blog purchase from you to get access to this?

I only have a blog ... not a CMS or more blogs. Only a single blog 🙂 Is there no way to access the with the normal package?

Because it says me, that if I want to access it, I need the bigger package ...

May 23, 2019 at 2:02 am #3870159

Dennis

Hi,

Yes, you will need at least the WPML CMS license to get that feature available. With WPML CMS license, you will be able to download the String Translation plugin which help you translate strings from your theme/plugins, widget titles etc...

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 23, 2019 at 2:06 am #3870181

marioK-17

Which means, that with a simple Blog Product of you, I can't even simply translate a blog ... Means I need to buy a bigger package, which I don't even need, because I really only have a small simple blog as you can see, to get a basic translation function?

Okay, I am a bit disappointed in this case, to be honest. I thought, if I buy a Blog Translation product, it will at least be able to translate a simple blog (not even with special functions).

Okay, thanks for your support. I'll choose a different tool then.

Have a nice evening

May 23, 2019 at 2:37 am #3870467

Dennis

Hi,

Unfortunately, yes, that would be the case, because you theme stores the strings in wp_options table and would need the String Translation plugin to register the strings to translation. I am sorry to hear about how you feel about WPML. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any questions about WPML in the future.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Dennis