This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ranaN 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
February 24, 2019 at 10:21 am

ranaN

I am trying to:
> translate my first website page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
> hidden link

I expected to see:
> a page with English content, and then I'll change the English words to Spanish words

Instead, I got:
> a blank page

February 26, 2019 at 12:05 am #3242388

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @ranan, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Are you using the classic ttranslation editor to translate the page? If so, there is a option "Copy content from english" on the right top.

Please take a look at this link to see how to translate the pages: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

February 26, 2019 at 5:01 am #3243117

ranaN

Hi Diego,
Have you checked our website?
In the "pages", we use built-in page builder inside our theme (not the classic editor)

February 26, 2019 at 5:28 pm #3246481

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I checked that you are using the "Travel Tour" theme, which is not listed at our compatible themes list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility

You also have the Multilingual Blog package, which means that you don't have access to the Translation Manager/Editor. In this case, you will need to use the following workflow to translate the pages:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Select the "Duplicate" box on the right sidebar to duplicate the page to the secondary language (see screenshot)
- After the duplication, change the language using the Language switcher at the top admin bar
- Click on "Translate Independently" (see screenshot)
- Translate the content and save

I did a quick test with the "Team Members" page (published in private mode) and it worked. However you still need to translate the team members through Personnel > All Personnel by clicking on the "+" icon.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

March 2, 2019 at 8:14 am #3264329

ranaN

Thanks Diego, you gave me a good hint to solve the issue