Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickV-24 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 21, 2019 at 9:16 am #3225915

patrickV-24

I am trying to:
Translate attributes from english to german language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
That the original language of the translated attribute is English.

Instead, I got:
The original language of the translated attribute is German.

I selected the english attribute "4 Subscriptions" and then selected "add" to add the German translation. (see image: Translate Number of subscriptions 1.png)

I add the translation in German and at the bottom is says: This is a translation of > 4 subscriptions (see image: Translate Number of subscriptions 2.png) So far so good.

Then when I look at Woocommerce >> Woocommerce Multilingual >> tab Attributes and select the Numbers of subscriptions translation it shows that the original language of the attribute "4 Abonnements" is German instead of English???

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this a bug in WPML??

February 21, 2019 at 2:35 pm #3228036

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I think you have done all the process correctly, you may also translate the attribute directly from WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual.

This may be a bug indeed, i created a new server, WooCommerce is activated, please configure WPML as close as possible to your server and try to reproduce this error. If reproduced in this clean install, we can assume it is a bug, and i will push it to our developers to fix.
Credentials are in the previous private message.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 22, 2019 at 11:12 am #3231998

patrickV-24

Hello Jamal,

I've tested the issue on your test site and I couldn't reproduce the error. So I think it isn't a bug.
I solved the issue on our website by deleting the English attributes and then add new ones and translate them into German. Now the original language is English.

Thanks for the support and have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Patrick

February 22, 2019 at 11:14 am #3232015

patrickV-24

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!