This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 7:30 am #4176607

luisR-12

We already ask for help on this. We explained:

Our client sent the request via Translator Hub to translate from FR into 4 languages their website hidden link

We have proceeded as usual and uploaded the translations, via Translator Hub.

However, after this upload, he says they cannot see the translations.
Alternatively, we sent the xliff manually and they tried to upload them manually, but they cannot see the translations either.

When they try to upload manually the files with a zip, nothing happens, and if they try with the xliff files, they got the following error: "Le fichier xliff transféré semble ne pas être formé correctement.".

I have uploaded the source files and our translations to: hidden link

You answered the following:

I checked the XLIFF files and it does not seem to be any error there.

Let me share the steps to reimport them manually to make sure our client is doing it right:
- Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translators, and add yourself as a local translator for the wanted Language pair.
- Then go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Dashboard, and add your posts/pages to the "basket".
- Go to the "Translation Basket" and chose yourself as a translator and send the docs to yourself.
- Go to WPML -> Translations, and you must find the job for the doc, choose it and from the bulk drop-down choose "Export XLIFF 1.2", and click Apply.
- It will extract a file to you, open it and you will find a code called "Original".
- Copy this original code, open the translated XLIFF file, and replace its original code with this one.
- Then go to WPML -> Translations, and import the file which downloaded from the ICL site, after you changed it's "Original" code.

If this does not help, I will need to take a deeper look to the site, if this is possible.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

** IMPORTANT **
- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

It worked with all the files except one of it.
This is the error that we have with this last document:

"Le fichier xliff transféré semble ne pas être formé correctement. Données manqantes ou erronées: target"

You can find the source document and the target one in the following link: hidden link

Could you please, help?

Thanks in advance!!!

July 10, 2019 at 8:58 am #4177421

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you are able to provide WordPress credentials of the client where this isn't working? So in short - hidden link - these files don't work during XLIFF import, triggering "Le fichier xliff transféré semble ne pas être formé correctement." message?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 10, 2019 at 10:40 am #4178805

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Is asking me for "2FA Token" - however, is this the website of your client? it doesn't look that way - it looks like a gateway to your translation system.

I guess I would need credentials for your client site, correct? Can you perhaps ask them to either provide you credentials or create a ticket here?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Our client cannot see our translations’ is closed to new replies.